iPhone 3gs feezing

quicksilver53

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I have a co worker who is having problems with his iPhone. Quite often when he hits an app icon his phone freezes for up to 20 minutes. A week ago his phone was stuck with a blank screen and I had to do a hard reset and slowly it booted up. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I might do to fix this problem such as maybe reloading his iOS? Thanks.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Never mind. I read the title just didn't comprehend it apparently lol. When did he get the 3GS? Does it still have the warranty? Also when he restores it have him set it up as a new phone. Don't restore it from a back up as it might carry the problem over and the restore would of done nothing for it.

quicksilver53

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I beleive he has had it more than 1 year. I also do not think he purchased an extra year of Apple care sa I did. I will try and restore it as a new phone as you suggested. Thanks Jason.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Not a problem. If that doesn't fix it then it might be time for him to upgrade since he doesn't have a warranty on it anymore

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Is it JB? Unlocked? What I would do is reload the firmware and restore from backup. Then go into iTunes and un-sync all the apps so that the phone only has the stock apps on it. Do a reboot of the phone, whenever I say reboot it's pertaining to the phone. Then hook back up to iTunes and go through the apps he needs. Once they are back on the phone upgrade through the app store so that all the apps are the most up to date they can be. Is there any apps that he has that are old without any updates? I was once using an app I had since 1.x and it had never been updated when I hit 4.x I was having crazy battery issues until I got rid of the app. You could also clean up the phone are there millions of text messages clear out the ones that aren't needed, are there millions of pictures in the camera roll put them onto the machine organize them into folders and sync them back to the phone. When you are finished open the App Switcher close all the programs and reboot the phone then see how it responds. If there's still an issue then I would reload and setup as a fresh phone because you will lose all data like text messages, game saves, etc. So why lose that right off the bat and end up with the same issue.