iPhone 3GS user upgrade iPhone 4 or wait for 5

Jamess9046

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I am a iPhone 3GS user in the UK I got my iPhone in December 2009 and I am nearing the end of my contract should I upgrade to iPhone 4 or wait and see what apple has planned for 2011. Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Wait man. We can only assume it's gonna be dual core, possibly have a larger screen, a better camera (current one leaves green dot in the middle of indoor photos) with 8MP sensor, and whatever else awesome stuff Apple comes up with. If you don't wait, you'll regret it.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Does it really need to be dual core? Bear with me here, but my iP4 never lags that I can tell even with ridiculous amounts of jailbroken apps running.

I'd have to assume that the dual core will also drain harder on the battery as well.

I dunno but I'm pretty sure I'll wait another rotation bit who can really say. Just my rambling thoughts :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'd have to assume that the dual core will also drain harder on the battery as well.

Considering that's not the case with the iPad, there's no reason to think they aren't smart enough to figure it out with the iPhone. Remember, this refresh has probably been in development for at least a year.

Zdrake09

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Do not wait around for technology I say. If the iP4 interests you enough then get it. Although I guess if youve been with your 3GS since dec 09 then waiting to see what this year brings shouldnt hurt too much haha.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP I also say wait, switching to the i4 from a 3G is a no brainer but from a 3Gs while it's nice is not as dramatic a change. If the i4 just launched I would say get it but with the i5 a couple months off I would say it'll be worth the wait. I also think you'll be in for some dual core goodness the iPad has managed the dual core with the same battery life so with the i4 already sporting 512MB of RAM it will either get the faster processor or that and a 1GB RAM upgrade as well. Although I'm guessing like everyone else just the processor will be upgraded.

zdkaram#IM

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
However, the resale value for the iPhone on Craigslist, Ebay etc is great. So, if you do get it, you could get rid of it pretty easy and always move on.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, and im getting the iPhone 4, because if you look further into the future . . . . iPhone 6 when your contract is up ;]