Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Help: iPhone 3gs or new Touch

I'm actually searching for a new phone (i'm on Tmobile) and I was pretty much set on the 3gs (unlocked) until the new Touch came out. Because I am surrounded by wifi (and I don't want to pay for a data plan), I am not going to use the 3g network if i do buy the 3gs.
    So now, I can't decide whether to just use my crappy, basic phone and have an ipod touch on the side for all its doohickeys, or get the 3gs. The 3gs will probably cost me $200, depending on my negotiating skills, and I would probably get the $300 Touch.

Any suggestions?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I put off having an iPhone for years and had a touch. Only thing was, I was hardly around wifi except at home. If you have it available then I'd say go for it!
    iMore Nanite

iPod Touch 4G.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Even with an unlocked 3G device, you will NOT get 3G connection on T-Mobile. T-Mo uses the 1700 band for 3G while the AT&T uses 2100 band. And since the iPhone was designed for AT&T (and world wide), it does NOT use the 1700 T-Mo 3G band - no way, no how.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Nanite

thanks for the replies. im gonna get the new touch this week.