iPhone 3G with 3.0 and iPhone 3Gs

kancha_kanchi

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello to every one,
I am really entry level on this matter of backing and upgrading iphone.
I am new to this site and i have lots questions and things to learn about iPhone.

Question, #1
I have iPhone 3G, 16GB with currently 3.0 broken with T-mobile, I want to add few new appls but will not work for 3.0 OS unless i upgrade to 3.1.2, how can i upgrade with out bumping into 3.1.3 OS so i do not have to unlock it again.

Question #2
I am thinking of getting iPhone 3GS, once I backup my iPhone with current 3.0 or after 3.1.2 updgrade, can i restore back from 3G into 3GS with out loosing all my saved data and application into 3GS??
IF possible then, where and how can i do it, please instruct me procedure and location to find breaker and installation help.

Thanking in advance for your help.

Raj

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't know anything about your first question.

Your second question however, YES you can upgrade from 3G to 3GS using backups, EVERYTHING will be imported including call/text history, dictionary, etc... however I'd wait for the G4/HD iPhone this summer, and skip the 3GS. It's only one month until the new iPhone is announced!

kancha_kanchi

May 6, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 3G upgrading

If i upgrade to 3.1.3 with itune and all those new software out there to unlock 3.1.3 will that sufficient to unlock with out worry locking my phone?
new phone or 4.o will be more expensive while I have this current 3G....

Thanks for your tips,
Raj

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
If i upgrade to 3.1.3 with itune and all those new software out there to unlock 3.1.3 will that sufficient to unlock with out worry locking my phone?
new phone or 4.o will be more expensive while I have this current 3G....

Thanks for your tips,
Raj

As far as I know 3.1.3 can not be unlocked. Spirit can, and will, jailbreak it. However you will not be able to carrier unlock the phone to use with your T-Mobile sim card.

There is a difference between "unlock" and "jailbreak"

*edit - I may have spoke too soon. You might be able to unlock the 3.1.3 if you take the precautionary steps while you still have 3.1.2. However I have no idea what those steps would be or if it is even possible. Someone more experienced with unlocking/jailbreaking may be able to help.

Last edited:

kancha_kanchi

May 6, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 3G with 3.0 BB4-26-08

Here is my question,
I have 3G with 3.0 and BB 4-26-08. I really like to update my phone but iTune will update with 3.1.3 which is scary for me since I dont know how to unlock the phone.
What is the best option???
1. Snowbreese ?
2. Blacksnow?
3. Use both?

Obviously my phone is currently unlocked and using Tmobile it has J-broken, Unlocked, and has all and Cydia, winterboard, all software are current with
phone, what are the option and procedure? i read some PwnageTool can work with it but how???

Thanks for help
Raj

Naughty_Ottsel

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
@OP search for iPhone Firmware files, there is a site that has all of them for each device, pick your device and version, download then hold the shift/option (depending on if you have windows or mac respectively) and click restore and select the restore file. Then use BlackRa1n - But be cautious, if you have updated iTunes I would check the jailbreak forums just to be safe.

As to question 2 I cannot be certain but when I set up my 3GS I got the option to restore from a back up of an iDevice, I cannot remember which think it was my iPod Touch, but unsure. When you restore or set up the 3GS for the first time it will give you the option, but like I said I am not 100% if my backup was for my iPhone 3G or iPod Touch G1

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to use sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool to create a custom firmware that keeps your baseband but updates the firmware to 3.1.3

kancha_kanchi

May 6, 2010
Visit site
iphone with 3.0 bb4-26.08 update to 3.1.3 with snowbreeze then unlock with blacksnow sucessfully. woww.
the problem is even backing up with my backup, I lost all of my application nothing could bring back to my application and pictures and all my older things. Phone is perfectly broken and unlocked but none of my previous application got back. ****tt

Not only that,.... when i synck my other iphone with 3.0 in itune, i lost all the appliaction as well. I am not sure what the heck happen with itune. sick of this crap.
I could not get back with my restore. One still with 3.o lost application other with 3/1.3 with broken, unlocked but cant get my previous application.

can any one has idea? suggestion or advice.
Thanks,
Raj

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2