Screws on bottom of iPhone 3GS fell out?

bbenj10

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
The other day I noticed that the two screws on the bottom of my iPhone 3GS (by the dock connector) had fallen out, making it very easy for the screen to come apart from the rest of the phone if i were to drop it. Do you think this is something (along with a good amount of dust built up under the screen) that will be covered under warranty and replaced if I bring it in to the apple store?

I'm worried that they will claim the phone's warranty is void since I had my glass & digitizer assembly repaired by mission repair. Is there any way to tell that it is not the original glass on the phone?

Also, I jailbroke my phone a few months ago, but made sure to restore to factory settings today to prepare it for a trip to the apple store. Anything else that I would have to do to ensure that my phone is completely warranty covered when I go in?

Thanks!
-Brian

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You had the screen repaired elsewhere? You might want to go back to Mission Repair to replace the screws and the dust. I think that voided your warranty.

bbenj10

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Will the genius bar employees be able to tell that the screen was replaced just from looking at it though? That's what I was trying to figure out.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If it looks that obvious to you, then yes. But I don't know why you're trying to get
this fixed through warranty when you had the phone opened up and got a replacement
screen for it. The place you took it to should put those screws on back for you. It
sounds like a poor job, and I wouldn't be suprised if it's not painfully obvious to a
genius bar employee that it was indeed modded.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The screws would not just fall out, go back to the place that replaced your screen and demand they give you those two screws...

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Yeah if you take it to a genius bar I think you will get laughed out of there , I would try and go back to the place that fixed the phone the first time .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro