New iPhone 3GS User

petsnspace

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I am a new iPhone 3GS (32GB) user and have a couple of questions. Before the questions, a little history. I have been a Verizon customer for a very long time and have been reluctant to make the switch. I am coming from a BB pearl and was happy with blackberry. It has become necessary to switch to either windows mobile (tried it and it was horrible) or iPhone. I really like the iPhone (which doesn't surprise me) and am currently in kind of a temporary phase to make sure I get good service with AT&T (worried about missed/dropped calls). Here are my initial questions:

1. On my blackberry, I had sound profiles and was able to silence all sounds except text messages. I know the iPhone doesn't support sound profiles, but is there a way to silence the ringer, while still keeping the text sounds active. I have thought of creating an .m4r file that was blank and setting my ring tone to that at night an then toggling off all other sounds. Any other thoughts?

2. When I initially set up my e-mail accounts (there are 3), they are in a specific order. Can I change the list order of the accounts?

3. On a similar topic, is there a way to go from reading an e-mail all the way to the top list of all accounts without going step by step back through the menu?

4. Sometimes when I get or place a call, with my bluetooth connected, it will choose the iPhone speaker instead of the bluetooth to connect. If I hit the bluetooth option on the screen, it will immediately connect. Any thoughts.

5. Will the voice activated feature play through the bluetooth or is it always through the iPhone speaker.

6. Any advice on portable power solutions?

I am very computer literate and searched extensively on the boards for the answers to the above questions and didn't find the answers. I am sure I will have more questions in the future. Thank you in advance for your help.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I almost don't want to comment b/c I'm going to sound so negative:
1 - not aware of any way other than creating the dummy ring tones, but you'd have to set that as your default ring, then when you go back to a real ring, you'd have to change it, again. And if you had custom ringtones for anyone this wouldn't solve that at all.

2 - Not without removing and re-adding them.

3 - unfortunately not

4 - I've had this before but much less so since upgrading to 3.1.2. I've noticed that if I answer from the phone it thinks I want to use the phone.

5 - I think this was remedied with 3.1.2

6 - I like the InCase Powerslider, but some people find it too bulky ( though I only use it to recharge my phone, basically giving me an extra day of usage ).

You might be able to find a jailbreak solution for your profile problem.

petsnspace

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Big9erfan. I appreciate the response. I was hoping for other answers, but it is what it is.

BTW, I do have 3.1.2 and the voice activation still plays through speaker.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox