Sync or Transfer folders to iPhone 3GS

Ken Goh

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Hello experts,
Just got my iPhone 3GS here in Singapore. Switched from HTC diamond.

Is there any softwares that allow me to transfer my documents (pdf, ppt, excel, doc, movie files like avi...etc etc) to my 32G monster? Otherwise, it seemed if it is just for videos/songs...it is a waste.

On top of that, any that does it with cable sync rather than wireless?

I had searched, seemed there is a software called FOLDERS by ractor...but there were some negative comments on old version but none for the new OS 3.0

Appreciate anyone can point me to the right direction without having the need to jailbreak my device......still newbie here and ain;t that brave yet. :)

Ken

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Stick with something like Documents to Go or Quick Office. There are several versions from which to choose, but nothing that works via tethering, only by sharing a wireless network.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Hello experts,
Just got my iPhone 3GS here in Singapore. Switched from HTC diamond.

Is there any softwares that allow me to transfer my documents (pdf, ppt, excel, doc, movie files like avi...etc etc) to my 32G monster? Otherwise, it seemed if it is just for videos/songs...it is a waste.

On top of that, any that does it with cable sync rather than wireless?

I had searched, seemed there is a software called FOLDERS by ractor...but there were some negative comments on old version but none for the new OS 3.0

Appreciate anyone can point me to the right direction without having the need to jailbreak my device......still newbie here and ain;t that brave yet. :)

Ken
I use Air Share and I really like it. It makes your iPhone, on the same WiFi LAN as your PC, look like a local storage device to your PC. While I use Net Drive to make it a little easier to set up the drive, with Vista it is trivial in anycase.

Try it you'll like it.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Documents to go is a great app at a great price I love using it , plus its cheap and anyday now we should have excell support . There are some other free apps out there but they just dont work that great .

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Documents to go is a great app at a great price I love using it , plus its cheap and anyday now we should have excell support . There are some other free apps out there but they just dont work that great .

Air Share supports display of excel (as well as txt, doc, pdf, etc) but does not support editing of anything.

Ken Goh

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
thanks people. I found a software that works with USB cable - iPhone Explorer. and Bought a cheap reader - GoodReader that was recommended.

Iphone explorer is not very elegant but it served its purpose...but what the heck, I am not complaining, since IT IS FREE.

NOW, I have another headache.....when I first converted my avi file to mpeg4 format, I was able to play it in portrait mode......don;t know what changed....now all my videos are automatically played in landscape. Still can rotate the screen when flip the other way round, just NOT in portrait mode. All other programs, GoodReader, Stanza ebooks===> NO ISSUES

I did a reset on all settings......NOTHING changed....still cannot go to portrait mode for video.

Anyone can give me a pointer or two here? :)

Second question:
I tried opening a powerpoint ppt file.....one my of file was 60MB....GoodReader....the screeen went blank then home page pop up. Smaller ppt files do not have the problem. Any reader that can read.....large ppt file ?

Has anyone get their animation in ppt to work in iPhone? Have not tried this on smaller file, so I don;t know here.

Ken

Last edited:

Ken Goh

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Hey People, I was doing a search....man...this is tedious...sigh BUT I found answer to the video landscape or portrait mode.

If the video is selected from playlist...then it can play in any orientation (except) upside down.....but when selected from video list in iPOD.....ONLY landscape. This is really stupid.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2