iphone 3gs runs out of battery incredibly fast!

CarliCruise

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey, Im a previous owner of a first generation and iphone 3g. I just got the 3gs 2 days ago and wow, it runs out of battery SO fast, I know there has to be a problem because it runs out while just sitting in my pocket for a couple of hours. The phone is jailbroken, but I have a couple of friends with jailbroken iphones that work absolutely fine. Please help!!!

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Try running it for a few days non jailbroken and see if it does the same thing. There has been some posts on this forum about possible rogue apps from the jailbreak community that always stay open and drain the battery.

Apple designed the OS without multitasking probably just for reasons like this, massive battery drain when apps are left running in the background.

If the problem persists when the phone is not jailbroken, you may have a faulty battery. The first few days I had my 3GS, the battery barely made it through a full work day, but I learned to not play games and videos on it all day, and battery life got better. Then I changed the fetch settings on my email accounts, that use it, from every 15 minutes to every 30 minutes, and saved some battery there.

Remember, usually with smartphones, the more you have the screen on, the faster the battery dies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2