Any Video taken with your iPhone 3gs...Post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_nut

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to viewing any vids y'all might have with your 3gs! If you don't mind, please give any thoughts and opinions on the quality and what not.

Thanks,
i_nut:D

Last edited:

i_nut

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site

i_nut

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site

Thanks, Alli! I'm really impressed w the recording upclose, however, not enough to buy it as my sole camcorder. I was discussing the option of having two 3gs iphones intead of buying an expensive recorder w my wife. No zoom = no go. Now, one will get the 3gs and the other the 3g.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, Alli! I'm really impressed w the recording upclose, however, not enough to buy it as my sole camcorder.

No offense, but it would be rather ignorant to think the iPhone is a full fledged video camera. It's not even going to compare to a real video camera. So don't buy an iPhone 3GS just so you have a "good" video camera. That's not going to happen. The video is good enough for youtube and the internet, but it's far from broadcast quality and it's not really anything you'd want to watch on the TV to share family memories with others.

But really, how IS the iPhone 3GS's video camera? Well, it kicks the nuts off of any other cellphone video camera, and I consider it a good secondary video device that you can keep with you at all times. It's good for taking video of that awesome car crash or your fighting neighbors, and other random goodness that comes when you've got a video recorder in your pocket.

Bottom line. Don't buy the iPhone for as a video camera. Buy it because it's the best cell phone and internet device on the market. Oh, and it's got a pretty decent integrated video recording device too.

Oh, and here's a video I shot handheld while driving the other day, just to see how it would do. This video was directly uploaded from my phone.

YouTube - Driving Test with iPhone 3GS - Direct Upload

Enjoy

i_nut

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
None taken, Brad. In fact, that is what I want to know, read and discover before I make my decision. I've never owned a camcorder before so I have nothing to compare to. So thanks for all the info!:)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Digital zoom isn't really "zoom" anyway. It's cropping. You sacrefice a lot of quality when it's not optical zoom, so to base the decision on that is kind of strange. If I were you I'd skip out on any iPhone altogether until next year, because that one will more than likely have 720p video recording and more features that you would like. Buying the 3G would be a mistake at this point, the video recording isn't the only reason that the 3GS is worth the extra $100.

i_nut

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Digital zoom isn't really "zoom" anyway. It's cropping. You sacrefice a lot of quality when it's not optical zoom, so to base the decision on that is kind of strange. If I were you I'd skip out on any iPhone altogether until next year, because that one will more than likely have 720p video recording and more features that you would like. Buying the 3G would be a mistake at this point, the video recording isn't the only reason that the 3GS is worth the extra $100.

I must have sent out the wrong signals. I'm not going to buy iphones for me and the wife just for video recording. We both really love the phones. I'm just doing any and all research I can to get an early leg up. I appreciate all the opinions, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR