iPhone 3GS Battery- I'm nervous!

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey all, I'm a relatively new iPhone user. Just got my beautiful white 32G beauty on Friday :) I aways read that one of the only downsides to the phone is the battery, and now I'm experiencing it first hand. Their havent been any serious issues yet, but I do notice the battery draining a good amount when it's not even being used (I'm lessening brightness, turning WiFi off when I don't need it, etc.).

To get the best battery life out of your iPhone. What kind of charge cycles do you recommend? I've read that smaller charges throughout the day is better than one long charge, but I fear that it would waste the cycles by putting it into a charger 2-3 times a day. I usually charge it overnight and take if off in the morning. Does this method have any long term or short term negative effects? I'm looking for anything I can do to ease up the only flaw of this stellar device. Thanks!

IphoneInNC

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Reset the phone to factory; manually setup mail settings etc, and then sync apps, pictures and so forth but not mail settings.

There seem to be a difference between settings that uses the radio works on the 3G vs. the 3GS.

I had the same problem and reset, manually setup, etc and I can now leave the phone out of the cradle over night and still have about 80% left in the morning.

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Reset the phone to factory; manually setup mail settings etc, and then sync apps, pictures and so forth but not mail settings.

There seem to be a difference between settings that uses the radio works on the 3G vs. the 3GS.

I had the same problem and reset, manually setup, etc and I can now leave the phone out of the cradle over night and still have about 80% left in the morning.

Could you elaborate on your post? I'm still learning the ropes. What do you mean by resetting the phone to factory? Are you saying to restart the phone to it's original settings and clear out all the data. Then sync my apps, contacts and pics from itunes, but do the mail settings again manually via the phone?

IphoneInNC

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Could you elaborate on your post? I'm still learning the ropes. What do you mean by resetting the phone to factory? Are you saying to restart the phone to it's original settings and clear out all the data. Then sync my apps, contacts and pics from itunes, but do the mail settings again manually via the phone?

Yep...that is what I am saying.

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone give me any insight to if it's better to charge it multiple times a day (using more cycles) or once a day overnight from almost empty to full?

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
As well as charging when you need to, Apple recommends:

"For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it?s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down)."

It will not hurt the battery to charge it often, just takes it longer to complete 1 charge cycle (could take a few days), as compared to draining, then recharging to full every day.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
You dont waste charge cycles with short charges, a full charge is a charge regardless. I can do one half today the next tomorrow, and thats one cycle, it doesnt impact it. I charge mine every nigth while I sleep and thats what gets me thorugh the day as I am a pretty heavy user.

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I see, I was told many times before that simply plugging in the phone uses up some kind of charge cycle if you take if off minutes or a short time after.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I see, I was told many times before that simply plugging in the phone uses up some kind of charge cycle if you take if off minutes or a short time after.

Thats false. Just google and research batteries, it reflecfts what I have said. If that were the case, what youve heard. Then peoples batteries on any device would all die in a year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal