What's your favorite little feature of the new iPhone 3GS?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
It's all good to me.

The speed of everything (application loads & camera), video + editing + sending to YouTube, the remarkable camera + autofocus and also with the 3.0 software.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
1. The speed to sync. Seems to be 2x faster at least.
2. Safari can hold more open tabs in memory without having to reload the page when you switch back to an older tab. On my 3G it almost always had to reload even if I only had 2 open tabs.

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to the iPhone. I bought an iPod Touch a few months ago to try out the iPhone experience, but it's still very new to me. When I got the iPod Touch I missed not having the camera or location-based functionality that the iPhone offered, so I'm happy to have that now. But there's still much for me to learn/experience, so it's a lot of fun doing that, since the UI is, for the most part, not a negative (I'm coming from a Palm OS Treo, so there are many things that don't seem as usable/efficient to me, but it's at least so much better in that regard than my past experiences with MS Windows Mobile phones).

i totally agree. I have the same phone history and even got an ipod Touch before the new iphone like you. So much more smooth and user friendly than WM. so far the camera has impressed me the most. Pictures look pretty good!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
My favorite little feature is the screen coating. Amazing how much better it is for fingerprints and junk. If you've owned the first two iphones, you know what i mean.

My favorite feature and main reason for upgrading is the speed though especially when browsing or just not having lag at typing, or bringing up the messaging app.

Video is close second.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Video and Speed are my main 2 favs. But all of the upgrades are GREAT!!! I think for those who thought the iphone wasn't that great because it lacked certain things are not saying much now, because the 3g S does EVERYTHING the other phones do, but BETTER and FASTER!!!!!

mervynle

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Not a new feature but one that works that did not work on my 3G. I was never able to listen to my voicemail through the bluetooth on my Mercedes - the sound did not come through either the car or the handset. Now with the 3G S it comes right over the bluetooth. Wonder if it is a 3.0 improvement or a 3G S hardware thing.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Every new feature has become a big use one. I'm really loving the screen. I think the real distinguishing visible change for 3G vs. 3GS is really the lack of fingerprints on the 3GS! I also went cliff jumping with some friends today and got some really great footage on my phone. I will edit it and post a link to youtube somewhere on this forum when it's ready.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Did I mention how much I like the inline volume controls on the earbuds? I did?
Ok, I also really like A2DP support (will no doubt save my phone from a few falls at the gym). And the screen coating is great too.
Really as others have said, so many little things that together add up to a great update for me.

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Well definetely thee standard apps that come bundled, but after the 3.0 upgrade, theres everythijgto love about it! Although the mms support... :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2