What's your favorite little feature of the new iPhone 3GS?

Shangraham

May 28, 2009
Visit site
My thought as well. I honestly can not pick a single feature. With 3.0 the phone has become a complete package for the most part.
I completely agree. Everything from the iPod to the phone to the browser to the apps all work seamlessly together for such a great experience. I really can't pick just one thing that I love because it all works so great together.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Ok, we all know that the faster processor, improved graphics chip, and doubled memory make for a much speedier device, but what's your other favorite features of your iPhone 3GS, now that you're having a bit more time to play with it?

Mine? I like the volume controls in the included earbuds. I've been waiting not so patiently for the iPhone to support this since last September. I know many people can't stand them, but I've become hooked on their remote functionality (plus they're included so no additional expenditure). Besides, in the grocery store with the muzak playing, people talking, and the janitor running the floor polisher, can you really hear the difference? I can't.

MikeDVB

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't hear a difference between my old 3G headphones and my 3G S headphones. The volume up/down is nice when listening to music or on a call and using the headset.

Other than that, the camera is amazing :)

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
I'm new to the iPhone. I bought an iPod Touch a few months ago to try out the iPhone experience, but it's still very new to me. When I got the iPod Touch I missed not having the camera or location-based functionality that the iPhone offered, so I'm happy to have that now. But there's still much for me to learn/experience, so it's a lot of fun doing that, since the UI is, for the most part, not a negative (I'm coming from a Palm OS Treo, so there are many things that don't seem as usable/efficient to me, but it's at least so much better in that regard than my past experiences with MS Windows Mobile phones).

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
a little thing would be..
the oleophobic coating.
For all of you talking about video recording, I think that's a BIG feature as it's one of the most touted features of the new iPhone.. >_> I think this topic is talking about little things that weren't announced to a wild applause.

tkd27

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Hmm...

I was on a jailbroken first gen before this. The only thing I really used the jailbreak for was the ability to toggle my battery meter to a percent view and I was really thinking I was going to miss this as I moved to the 3G S, so having it included was a very pleasant surprise!

But the one thing I love the most is a combination of OS 3.0 and the 3G S hardware - the "Open in new window" feature for links in Safari, coupled with the 3G S's RAM makes an explosive web browsing experience. This is the NUMBER ONE thing I wanted since day one, and there it is in all it's glory. I tested this by opening up seven web pages, including a javascript heavy page that used to ALWAYS crash Safari on OS 2.something. I think clicked a YouTube link from Safari, watched the clip and returned to all seven pages still sitting there waiting for me.

Wow. That is amazing, IMO.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner