iPhone 3GS Photos - Post them here!

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I added a link (http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8290/img0079c.jpg) to my Vegas Paris Eiffel tower shot post, to the full resolution image.
One thing I've noticed is that the JPEG compression is a little high on these photos. They look OK reduced, but when you look at the full size image you'll notices some pretty significant JPEG artifacting from compression.

I'd be interested in knowing if there is or will be any 3rd party apps that would be able to take photos with less compression. Or is what I'm seeing a result of the puny optics on this thing?

PRC

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Bored at work so you know:

IMG_0011.jpg

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Hrmm that's the first I've ever heard of a cupcake cake! I guess you can tell I don't have kids. :eek: What a neat idea! And a pretty great rendition of the yellow sponge guy!

Haha... yeah, it's a whole bunch of cup cakes close together with the butter cream topping on it. I actually got the idea from my office... no one ever has a knife, plates and/or forks, so it's easier to take one and keep it moving.

MikeTrav

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
3gs Video!

Hey what's up people. This is my very first post here and wanted to say hello this is may favorite site for iPhone info (jailbreaking specifically). Anyways here is a link to some video I took with my 3gs of my little girl spazzing over playing with my phone. I think she likes it more than I do. This is straight from my iPhone to YouTube via wi-fi. Enjoy!!!

Uhh! Maybe not just yet N E ways hello!!

JBHII

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Here's my first few test photos with the new 32GB 3Gs from my round of golf with my son yesterday morning. I'm quite impressed (I'm a professional photographer). The photos are a little noisy, but nothing a pass through a digital noise filter like Noise Ninja won't help:

iphonegolf2.jpg

iphonegolf1.jpg

This third shot demonstrating the macro capabilities of the new camera is particularly impressive to me:

iphonewrist1.jpg

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
All of those Rolex shots weren't taken with the 3GS, right? Just the first one, right? I'm impressed that you were able to take that shot with one hand and press the shutter button without causing the iPhone's camera to go out of focus. I've found when taking photos that the camera adjusts focus in and out, so many of my shots tend to be out of focus. Any tips?

JBHII

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
All of those Rolex shots weren't taken with the 3GS, right? Just the first one, right? I'm impressed that you were able to take that shot with one hand and press the shutter button without causing the iPhone's camera to go out of focus. I've found when taking photos that the camera adjusts focus in and out, so many of my shots tend to be out of focus. Any tips?

That's correct - just the first photo I posted is with the 3Gs. I'm a professional photographer (and Rolex collector).

I didn't find one handed photo taking too terribly difficult. I just recommend taking a 2-3 photos to make sure you get one in focus.

SimplyCoutured

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Wow, some of these are stunning. I had the Storm for a month and loved the camera on it (and that's all I loved...) and then was disappointed by the Curve's camera. Now that I'm almost ready to switch to the 3GS and AT&T I'm excited to see amazing camera capabilities on an equally amazing phone :p

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Now I gotta get MY Rolex out and wind it. Although my iPhone doesn't take good pics like that close up, but I'll try it out. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR