Happy or Not Happy With Your iPhone 3GS?

Pleased with your iPhone 3G S?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Got mine in the mail this morning at 1030. It cancelled my mms so I was pissed for a while but the speed is amazing. Plus I also reactivated my mms and its working wonderfully about to mms a video to test but pictures work great.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
You have to tap that location button in the lower left corner twice to get it to orient to heading. It doesn't seem very accurate while I'm standing in my home office, but I hope it will be better when I'm driving around in my car (the GPS can provide heading info as well then while I'm in motion).

Apps don't seem that much faster to me. I think it's because they mostly run now at the speed I always wanted them to run at (rather than having an annoying lag), but it's not like I think they're loading fast ... just faster. But I am really happy with the speed of web page loading and rendering in Safari. That alone makes the upgrade worth it.

Actually the 32 GB of space alone would have made the upgrade worth it. (I'm one of those suckers who would have bought a 32 GB iPhone 3G back in say Feb 2009 just like I bought a 16 GB EDGE iPhone in Feb 2008 even though my 8 GB iPhone was only 3 months old at that point).

Pretty excited to test out the still and video cameras taking pics and vids of my son and family this weekend, esp. for Father's Day. Guess I got my present early this year!:D

Glad to see I'm not the only person like that lol.

JimmyLin

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm a first time iPhone owner and it's great! I'm typing this on my iPhone and it's so easy! My previous phone was a razr so this is a welcome upgrade. I can't share my experiences with the difference in speed but things are definitely very quick loading. Didn't think I'd appreciate having mobile web access so much

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I love Love LOVE my iPhone 3GS! =D It's soooo freaking fast. The camera is very impressive, including video. Voice control works great for calls... but not so much for iPod (for me anyway).

I'm extremely happy with my purchase.. but now I need nap!

chadizze

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
SO I just was on my iPhone, using speaker, and saw a few cracks by the volume control already! I read it was an issue on 3G. Is it anything to worry about? Should I contact Apple?

thatsthekey

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
First time iphone user here and I am very impressed! We got to at&t at 7am (we preordered) and we had a 3 phone family plan set up in about 20 minutes, which included porting our numbers from verizon. Since I've never had an iphone, I can't compare it, but it's definitely fast! I absolutely love the copy and paste feature and I'm sure I'll be using it a lot. While searching around safari, I found a link to an article I thought my boyfriend would like so I just copied it and sent it to him in a text! I couldn't believe how easy it was.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
This is my first iPhone (can't BELIEVE I FINALLY got one!!) and I LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to show it off!!! lol

I'm with you. Wanted one ever since it first came out. It was a perfect day. Didn't wait long, things went smoothly and reception is great in my apt.

Battery life isn't the best... But that's ok- I've been pretty much surfing the web and trying everything out :D

The compass is accurate- I had the same issue indoors. The iPhone was showing west as north. But outside it worked perfectly.

It's so cool that it's syncs up to google calendar!

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Bought mine at the Apple Store in Peabody, MA. Very pleased with my purchase. I got to the store around 10 AM... There were maybe half a dozen people in front of me... Waited in line for about 30 minutes... Walked in, got what I wanted, and got out... No hassle at all.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
My girlfriend and I went to get our iPhones 3G S 16Gb this morning at 6:30. There were about 30-40 people in line, Staten Island, NY, although the Apple Store was full of employees who were really nice and fast, we had our phones quickly. We had 2 reserved, black one and a white one. Love it. Installed iTunes, filling it with some apps and music, new Wallpaper. This is our first iPhone and I find the battery life really good, it was charged up when we got them and we've been playing with them all day over 3G, over wireless, using the map and gps features, taking pictures, setting up contacts, playing around with the Facebook app, and some games. Called my parents down in Florida and talked to them for over an hour and it's still at just more then half battery.

The only downside was some issues with AT&T, but they were squared away quickly. I have to say I'm very impressed with the phone and Apple customer service, they made the whole experience pretty painless.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
My only problem with the iPhone is AT&T, I have had every iteration of the device. I have said and will continue to say that AT&T f'ing blows:mad:. If it wasn't for the fact this device was so amazing I would have been gone a while ago. I'm so disappointed with the AT&T service no MMS even after 2 years and it being add by Apple. Other than I'm very happy with the device itself, just pissed at AT&T.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I love Love LOVE my iPhone 3GS! =D It's soooo freaking fast. The camera is very impressive, including video. Voice control works great for calls... but not so much for iPod (for me anyway).

I'm extremely happy with my purchase.. but now I need nap!

Yeah, my voice controls for ipod are pretty lacking, although it does tell me what song I am playing. :)

Chris

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
WiFi Indicator

One tiny issue I'm having with mine is the WiFi indicator... The connection itself appears to be okay but the indicator seems to show very weak signal, even when I'm sitting right next to my router... My 2G/Edge iPhone's WiFi indicator shows full strength. Weird. Anyone else having this issue?

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I am THRILLED with it!!!

I can't BELIEVE how fast it is on both web on wifi and 3G and just in general moving around on it.

AWESOME!!!!!

Ish

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
My awesome girlfriend surprised me with a 3Gs as an early father's day gift! This phone is noticeably faster than the 3G. I'm actually still getting used to how much more responsive it is. It is also noticeably heavier than m 8Gb iPhone 3G

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
My awesome girlfriend surprised me with a 3Gs as an early father's day gift! This phone is noticeably faster than the 3G. I'm actually still getting used to how much more responsive it is. It is also noticeably heavier than m 8Gb iPhone 3G

Guess its OK now for you to ask her "Who's your daddy?" :p:D:eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2