Will you restore your new iPhone 3GS from a previous backup?

Will you restore your new iPhone 3GS from a previous backup or start fresh?

• Yes, I will be restoring my new iPhone 3GS from a previous backup.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No, I have backups from my current iPhone, but plan to start fresh.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No, but I don't currently have an iPhone to restore from.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I'm not planning on buying the iPhone 3GS.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Will you restore your new iPhone 3GS from a previous backup or start fresh? I'm on my 3rd (soon to be 4th) iPhone and when upgrading iPhones I've always chosen to recover from a previous backup. So essentially I've been accumulating settings and preferences on my iPhone since I got my first one in November 2007. While I'm loathe to lose all these settings, I also wonder if it's not time to start from a clean slate, so to speak.

(I've tested every OS 3.0 beta on a 2G iPhone that's not my main device and there have been weird issues such as YouTube not working correctly if I recovered from a previous backup. I haven't tried yet with the Gold Master Seed, but am a little worried about recovering from backup to an OS 3.0 device.)

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
WHile Id love the idea of a fresh start, I just have too many apps, contacts, settings Id lose , so I pretty much have to go with a backup from previous ,,,

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I may just start fresh. I don't really have anything, but pictures that I want saved. I don't have that many apps with saved game levels and such.

My original thought was to start from my 3G back up though and then after reading this I realized I don't really need to.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
WHile Id love the idea of a fresh start, I just have too many apps, contacts, settings Id lose , so I pretty much have to go with a backup from previous ,,,
Well apps and contacts should be installed anyway based upon your sync preferences. But settings- things like your Maps and YouTube bookmarks, now those are a problem.

I have MobileMe and Exchange, so Contacts, Calendars, and Safari bookmarks are covered (and Mail is no problem other than configuring the accounts), but it's all the other stuff I'll miss.

EDIT: I completely forgot about app settings (data)- I guess that's what you meant by apps, not the apps themselves but their data- yeah we'll lose all that too if we start fresh. Another bummer.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I wish there was a way to backup just app data like saved games separate from the big backup. I guess some games can backup to an online account, but not all.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner