iPhone3G to iPhone 3GS Contacts

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No, but why would you want to? You will have to plug it into iTunes to get it activated anyways, so you can just sync that way.

Ah and you are from Orland Park, do yourself a favor and don't go to the Orland Park AT&T store...

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
No, but why would you want to? You will have to plug it into iTunes to get it activated anyways, so you can just sync that way.

Ah and you are from Orland Park, do yourself a favor and don't go to the Orland Park AT&T store...

I reserved my phone at the Orland Park Apple store

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Last edited:

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Interested in this too. I have an original iPhone, when I plug the 3GS into itunes, will everything be transfered over automatically (contacts, email settings, music, videos, photos, notes, etc)?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
These are 2 different stores; Orland Park has an ATT store and an Apple store in the mall; I reserved at the Apple store so it should go smooth!

So how would I get my contacts from my current 3G onto the 3GS?

Ah, I thought you said you were going to a AT&T in Orland. As for syncing your phones contacts over you have use iTunes. Once your phone is connected to your computer within iTunes select the info tab and you will see your options for syncing there.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
So iTunes will remember everything on the old iphone and put it onto the new? Does that include all the apps? What about notes?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Last year, iTunes offered to restore iPhone 3G from the iPhone 2G backup. I follow Bad Ash's law and do clean installs each time, however, so I just re-synced everything from MobileMe and Exchange, but you could just as easily re-sync whatever you want via iTunes.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Interesting, why should i do a clean install, I think installing from the backup is what i'd wanna do?

It's a good idea to do a fresh install when you are updating software or simply restoring due to some sort of software issue you may be having. Mainly because if you had some kind of problem and do a restore from a backup that the problem could exist in... all you are doing is replacing a problem with another.

I guess it's just something I learned from using Windows Mobile so much. Just not a good idea.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Well I mean, what problems would my previous iphone have? Its perfect right now. Wouldn't i have to manually reinstall things like notes and other small things if I didn't install from my backup?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro