Question from a Palm user thinking about getting an iPhone 3GS

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Pope,

I run my own small business. The iPhone is the only phone that I use. I get "push" email just like a BB with the use of Mobile Me. I can open and view any .doc, .xls, .pdf, .tif, etc., etc. as an attachment in an email. I am not sure about .zip files. I get them but I never open them because the ones I get are VERY large, several Gs. I just wait until I get back to my desktop to open them.

Oh!! The fact that you can play some pretty cool games while waiting in an airport is only the icing on the cake!:D

G's as in GB? Who is sending you HD video files in an email?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
While I looooove my iPhone, I won't get as much business-type functionality out of it as I did my Palm or WM devices until there is some way to sync (add/remove) documents at will.

Pope009

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Why is Blackberry considered to be a more "secure" phone?

Also, I never sync my calender with my computer. I do everything on my cell phone so that wont be an issue. As long as my 2 personal gmail accounts work as well as my Outlook account for work I should be fine. I also like to have the ability to add important dates and meeting to my calender and have a program or app that I can keep notes and radom tasks.

Do Blackberry's have the ability to open .rar and .zip files from emails?

Thanks for all the feedback. There is a good chance I will be pre-ordering the iPhone 3GS this week.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Brickman.
I agree with everyhing you said including the habbit of using RIM. RIM only recently started making more consumer friendly phones ( Storm ). They began as a company targeted for business users.

Ctt1wbw.
I have never owned a black berry though I almost have back in feb so I wouldn't be able to compare the iPhone to the Bold or 8900 to really say what the iPhone will take to become more business friendly. However , We both know that RIM is chosen over the iPhone and that might be hard to change.

That's my take on that. Maybe in the future that will change when apple introuces some revolutionary feature business users and companies can't deny.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
It's all based on people's perceptions of the device. Once people realize that the iPhone can be used for business, then the perception will change. But right now, people's perception is that the Blackberry does email and is for business, even though people who actually use the iPhone will say otherwise.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
G's as in GB? Who is sending you HD video files in an email?

I will have Architects send me AutoCadd files or multiple pdf files sometimes in a zip file. They can be several Gigabytes. That is what I meant.:eek:

No one sends me HD video in an email. Wrong Industry.;)

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
While I looooove my iPhone, I won't get as much business-type functionality out of it as I did my Palm or WM devices until there is some way to sync (add/remove) documents at will.

There is always MoMe!;) It will cost you, but it will stay in perfect sync between your iPhone and desktop.:D

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, I think I want to stick with AT&T and I am eligible for an upgrade. I have heard good things about the iPhone but I want to make sure it will meet my "needs".

Thanks for the feedback and I am interested to hear from more people here.
Then you should wait until the Palm Eos for AT&T is announced :)