Ordered my iPhone 3Gs - how about you? *Apple is now shipping*

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I agree with you, well about AT&T. I am one of the few not upgrading. One of my line's will be eligible july 11th, the other not until march because it's a secondary line on the account w/ the other iPhone 3G. BUT, I don't think AT&T is being unfair either.

I really don't get where a lot of iPhone users get this sense of entitlement. I don't see BB or WinMo fans complaining everytime a phone is released and they want it that AT&T or any other carrier won't say "Okay, we're sorry, you deserve an upgrade even though we just gave you one last week." lol

Sometimes it's tempting, as I know I could get 400 or so for my 16GB 3G as it's in perfect shape, AND I have my grad party this sunday, that will probably fetch me a few grand (i have a HUGE family), so realistically, even if we did both mine and the gf's lines, we'd have to pay 500 for one line, and 300 for the other. she could sell her white 16GB for around 400 or so, as could i sell my black and it would recoup the lost but my reasoning is i just don't want to keep putting us in the same position every year where we are never eligible.

It's part of the game, every year there will be upgrades, and expect upgrades similar to this and not revolutionary upgrades like most people expect. Just not going to happen. I laugh every time when I see people say I'm waiting until next year when the real upgrade happens! Who says Apple will give a so called "real update"? Again this is simply people getting their hopes up even before the 3G S is out! Crazy.

You know you want to upgrade... this new phone is way better than the 3G and that is just a fact that no one can argue with. Just get it... :)

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
It's part of the game, every year there will be upgrades, and expect upgrades similar to this and not revolutionary upgrades like most people expect. Just not going to happen. I laugh every time when I see people say I'm waiting until next year when the real upgrade happens! Who says Apple will give a so called "real update"? Again this is simply people getting their hopes up even before the 3G S is out! Crazy.

You know you want to upgrade... this new phone is way better than the 3G and that is just a fact that no one can argue with. Just get it... :)

LOL! You should be an Apple salesmen, you know that?

Well, we'll see what happens. The g/f keeps hinting she wants to record video, and for once, it's ME telling her we don't need it. The phone addict telling the normally NORMAL person they don't need it. ha

I have a few credit cards I want to pay off with my grad money, not a lot at all, but I want to make sure I knock those out, and we have til July 11th anyways, I'll see what 3G 16GBs are selling for then, and weigh our options, if we can break even or close, I may consider.

It wasn't that I was waiting for a revolutionary upgrade next year, it was more like "well regardless, I'll be eligible for a cheaper price next year, so I'll just wait for the next rendition" haha so much pressure from these forums. ha

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
LOL! You should be an Apple salesmen, you know that?

Well, we'll see what happens. The g/f keeps hinting she wants to record video, and for once, it's ME telling her we don't need it. The phone addict telling the normally NORMAL person they don't need it. ha

I have a few credit cards I want to pay off with my grad money, not a lot at all, but I want to make sure I knock those out, and we have til July 11th anyways, I'll see what 3G 16GBs are selling for then, and weigh our options, if we can break even or close, I may consider.

It wasn't that I was waiting for a revolutionary upgrade next year, it was more like "well regardless, I'll be eligible for a cheaper price next year, so I'll just wait for the next rendition" haha so much pressure from these forums. ha

Sell the 3G - hint - they go for more money to T-Mobile customers. I got $400 for mine.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Sell the 3G - hint - they go for more money to T-Mobile customers. I got $400 for mine.

I just don't want to sell it right this minute. If they drop in value before July 11th or so, I probably won't take the plunge, unless we have the extra money lying around. We'll see what happens.

I can imagine your smugness when my sig says I have a 32GB white 3G S. :p

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I just don't want to sell it right this minute. If they drop in value before July 11th or so, I probably won't take the plunge, unless we have the extra money lying around. We'll see what happens.

Better believe it... ;)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

Yeah, I'm doing it. I don't even use the media portion and got the 32gb :eek:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Better believe it... ;)

I just conversed with the g/f, and this is the conclusion we reached...

Last year, we made a little money selling our 1st gens after buying our 3G phones...if we wait until next year and buy then at 299 for 600 total, our 3G currents will not fetch enough to recoup that, but right now they will.

Sigh....looks like my 3G will be going on CL or eBay soon since I have to pay 499. She will be eligible for 299 after 7/11, so as long as we make that back, she's cool. Plus I need to go have hers swapped before we sell it as she has 2 hairline cracks by the charging port, that way it'll be in mint condition and fetch a higher price.

Way to go Jeremy, x2 upgrades for your commission for the day :p

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I just conversed with the g/f, and this is the conclusion we reached...

Last year, we made a little money selling our 1st gens after buying our 3G phones...if we wait until next year and buy then at 299 for 600 total, our 3G currents will not fetch enough to recoup that, but right now they will.

Sigh....looks like my 3G will be going on CL or eBay soon since I have to pay 499. She will be eligible for 299 after 7/11, so as long as we make that back, she's cool. Plus I need to go have hers swapped before we sell it as she has 2 hairline cracks by the charging port, that way it'll be in mint condition and fetch a higher price.

Way to go Jeremy, x2 upgrades for your commission for the day :p

Wow... I think that makes 7 today on the forums alone and 8 if you include my girlfriend who originally thought like you and was not going to get one. Granted I will end up paying for hers... :rolleyes:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Wow... I think that makes 7 today on the forums alone and 8 if you include my girlfriend who originally thought like you and was not going to get one. Granted I will end up paying for hers... :rolleyes:

haha

I just hope they'll swap hers for cracks. It's obvious they are the plagued hairline ones. If they say no, I'll just cause a ruckus of the likes they've never seen :p

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm not surprised to see so many of the regulars break down and order the new S after initially saying they would not. I was all for it from the beginning. I will be picking up 32GB White 3GS on the 19th. Very excited about it. If it lives up to the speed it is claiming it is so worth it.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Not sure what to do? Order at apple.com or go to the store?
Thoughts?

Which ever one is better for you. Apple.com and ship it to your home or business. Store if shipping will not work. For me, deliveries get made to my company in another building and then have to wait for someone to bring it over. Aside from that, I also have that day off (son's b-day is the next day) and I won't be around mid-day for any deliveries, so picking it up at AT&T would be best.

MavsX

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
i just ordered a 3g s. new customer new iphone. got 2 of them. one for me and one for the wife. 16 gig...one black and one white. :)

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Just need to get my work ID, and then I'm all set to head down to AT&T to pre-order. Just don't know whether to get white or black...

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I changed my mind. I'm gonna stick w/ my 3G. I was still debating last night, and ultimately decided the 3G S is not really for me and I'll pass this time around.

appleseed

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
AT&T Upgrade nuttiness

So, shouldn't we (iPhone 3G users) all have upgrade dates of 6/2010 or later? Of course it depends on when you got your 3G, but it couldn't have been earlier than June of last year...

My friends and I all lined up on the release date of the 3G to get ours, so we should all have the same upgrade date because AT&T required a new 2-year contract, right? Here's our upgrade dates:
  • 3/2010
  • 7/2009
  • 9/2009
  • 12/2009

Am I off-base here?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
At&t's standard is to allow subsidized upgrade after 20 months. The amount of your bill, length as a customer and payment history are taken into account to give you an earlier upgrade cycle. I am currently on an 18 month cycle, some are on a 12 month cycle.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro