Ordered my iPhone 3Gs - how about you? *Apple is now shipping*

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I would rather pre-order in AT&T and pick it up that Friday! I'm going tomorrow morning to pre-order.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I like the new features, but will have to hold off for now, Not eligible for an upgrade for some time. Can't really justify, at least to my wife,:p the expense of an early upgrade.

But I think 3.0 will more than soothe my battered pride. :D:rolleyes:

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I like the new features, but will have to hold off for now, Not eligible for an upgrade for some time. Can't really justify, at least to my wife,:p the expense of an early upgrade.

But I think 3.0 will more than soothe my battered pride. :D:rolleyes:

I'm with you on that. I like the upgrades, but am not eligible until December for a subsidized upgrade.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I'll be ordering a 32 GB soon at the $499 price (not eligible until May 2010- no way I'm waiting that long). Main question is: black or white? I'm going to wait just a little bit to see if all the complaining prompts AT&T to adjust their $200 upgrade policy for iPhone 3G owners somehow. (I highly doubt it will, but am going to wait a bit just on the off chance.)

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
It's all Bad Ash's fault!!!

Well I did it!! I ordered the Black 32g and it's all Bad Ash's fault. He set the precedent. Your a bad influence... :D

The webpage said delivers by June 19th, but haven't received email yet to confirm.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Well, I guess I read 1 to many threads, I just cracked and preordered my 32GB Black iPhone 3G S. This did not come without heavy penalties from the wife.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well I did it!! I ordered the Black 32g and it's all Bad Ash's fault. He set the precedent. Your a bad influence... :D

Sorry about that, enjoy!

The webpage said delivers by June 19th, but haven't received email yet to confirm.

Should be the 19th, I got a email last night confirming it will be delivered on the 19th. But I did order mine right away.

Ordering the White 32GB tomorrow morning. Can't wait

Sweet deal.

I have changed my mind after re-thinking about all the new things.. its definitely going to be worth it.

I knew it was only a matter of time.

Well, I guess I read 1 to many threads, I just cracked and preordered my 32GB Black iPhone 3G S. This did not come without heavy penalties from the wife.

Not shocking - I knew all of you would crack eventually.

;)

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
After some thought last night, since I am eligable to order on July 12, and assuming I can sell my current iPhone for $300+, I will be upgrading.

BadAsh - weren't you eligable for an upgrade on/around July 12? Is there a reason you didn't wait to do it?

Chris

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
After some thought last night, since I am eligable to order on July 12, and assuming I can sell my current iPhone for $300+, I will be upgrading.

BadAsh - weren't you eligable for an upgrade on/around July 12? Is there a reason you didn't wait to do it?

Chris

I was able to get that on the first day from Apple. For some reason my full upgrade ability would be on December 12, 2009. Which is well ahead of the full two years. :confused:

gastrodr

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
For me it is not an upgrade, I am a new subscriber. I have been reluctant mostly because ATT has poor coverage in my area. Moreover, their 3G in some areas could be better, no MMS (are they aware this is the 21st century?).
Having said that, I am very excited of 3G(s). It was a no brainer for me. Having said that the decision of going from 3G to 3G(s) should be done with caution. There is some advantage but is the advantage of speed, MMS, voice that critical or can we be content with the superb 3G phone (esp with OS 3.0). Just remember, if you upgrade now, you will NOT be able to get the next upgrade in June or July next year! That upgrade, I suspect should be substantial, if the nation and world economy can sustain technological prgress!

rkbrown81

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
Yep. I ordered my 32 GB Black last night. I have the 16 GB iPhone 2G, so it was time to upgrade. Besides, I only have to pay $299. It said it will be delivered on the 19th.

If I had a 3G already, I probably wouldn't pay the extra $200 to upgrade.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I think alot of people that felt snubbed at the WWDC will think about it late at night and then WILL change their minds. this upgrade is worth it! Right JHamilton3?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I think alot of people that felt snubbed at the WWDC will think about it late at night and then WILL change their minds. this upgrade is worth it! Right JHamilton3?

I agree with you. I just read your post on the latest post on the front page as well and I also agree with part of that as well. People are too hung up on AT&T and blaming them because they signed a contract knowing it was for two years. For people to think they deserve special treatment because they bought a iPhone 3G is just absolutely absurd! They owe you NOTHING. But whatever, who am I right...

If AT&T gave all of these people who are crying about the price another subsidy on this phone after only a year - they'd love AT&T! But again, why should iPhone owners be treated any different than say a BlackBerry owner.

Either you upgrade because you have to money to, just like the device, whatever... or you don't have to upgrade. Either way people need to stop crying.

*I posted something similar to this is Chads post but of course no one crying in the comments even bother to acknowledge it. They still continue to cry about AT&t.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2