Ordered my iPhone 3Gs - how about you? *Apple is now shipping*

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Just ordered a black iPhone 3GS 32 GB from the Apple store for the early upgrade price of $499. Can't wait to have it in my hands! (They're still promising Friday delivery as of noon EDT Monday.)

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Mine has shipped from Apple. I feel bad for everyone who ordered from AT&T... hope they don't mess things up for you guys!

Yes I am not getting one but if I was I would get it from Apple / AT&T is a getting bad almost as bad as sprint.

gtGarrrett

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
preordered late

I preordered mine yesterday so there is no guarantee that I will get one on launch day, but I will be able to get in the AT&T store at 7, so hopefully I can get an extra one.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Just ordered a black iPhone 3GS 32 GB from the Apple store for the early upgrade price of $499. Can't wait to have it in my hands! (They're still promising Friday delivery as of noon EDT Monday.)

$499 with signing and additional 2 year, or is that $499 with staying on your current contract timeline?

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Nevermind... found the answer $499 with another 2 year commitment yikes. I believe you could have purchased the 16gb 3Gs for $599 outright no contract. I know 16 is less than 32gb but no contract is huge.. :eek: For $100 its worth it with no contract.

Last edited:

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
$499 with signing and additional 2 year, or is that $499 with staying on your current contract timeline?
$499 plus renewing my contract for 2 years (not 2 additional years, but 2 years from when I activate it I guess).

If I didn't want to extend my contract, it would be $699 (and still SIM-locked to AT&T).

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I don't, they knew what they were getting into. :cool:

I've been hearing that if you ordered online from AT&T to be shipped to your house that it is possible that you will not see it until Monday at the earliest and if you want a phone Friday you will have to get one in the store.

Again, I can not confirm this, just something I've heard.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I dunno, I've called AT&T multiple times and talked to reps in the stores, they all assure me that AT&T will be getting it to me by Friday almost certainly, and the AT&T guy I talked to today said if I don't have it by Friday evening, I should call back and flip out at them, he said there's no reason for me not to have it by friday, especially since I ordered on the 9th. If I don't get it till Monday, I'm gonna be pissed, I leave sunday for vacation...Considering I have overnight shipping, even if it doesn't ship until the street date, I'll have it by saturday. I dunno where all the monday stuff is coming from.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Just ordered a 32GB 3GS through Apple.
But it didn't work. They said there was a problem when they tried to run the credit check and that I had to go to the Apple Store in person and that they would "reserve" a phone for me at the Soho store.

I tried to log into my Apple ID to see if there was any record of this reservation or if I needed to print anything out, but I couldn't find anything online that said I reserved an iPhone, other than the final page that says I have a phone reserved for me. Am I missing something? I haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail either...

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've been hearing that if you ordered online from AT&T to be shipped to your house that it is possible that you will not see it until Monday at the earliest and if you want a phone Friday you will have to get one in the store.

Again, I can not confirm this, just something I've heard.

I'm a little worried about this too. I ordered mine Fri afternoon(6/12/09). I'm gonna be pissed if I have to wait 'til Monday...a little call to AT&T is in order i guess.

Man,the service center is closed

Last edited:

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
DoubleM
I hope you will get it before Friday.
The reason people say Monday is that the overnight shipping from AT&T is NOT covering a Saturday. So if any phones get shipped on Friday you WONT see it till Monday.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
DoubleM
I hope you will get it before Friday.
The reason people say Monday is that the overnight shipping from AT&T is NOT covering a Saturday. So if any phones get shipped on Friday you WONT see it till Monday.
Hmmm, I heard they were just shipping ordinary fedex express overnight. Why wouldn't they deliver on saturdays? My dad works for Fedex and all express packages shipped friday deliver on saturday unless AT&T goes out of their way to make sure the packages don't deliver on saturday. Where did you hear this from?

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I read that AT&T is getting their preorder stock on the 17th,so if you(DoubleM) ordered on the 9th I would think you would be getting yours Fri. I'm just worried since I ordered on the 12th in the afternoon...that's close to the deadline of the preorders being sold out.

Gennew

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I reserved my 3G S in store at a local ATT in Phoenix. When I checked my order status online though it says my phone was shipped on the 13th and even provides a tracking number. When I click on the tracking number link nothing appears to register in UPS' system yet.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
msm, you heard they are getting stock in on the 17th? Yeah, the AT&T guy said since I ordered so early, there's no reason for me to not have it by friday, good luck to you, the 12th isn't too bad still, i'd imagine they'd ship out all the preorders on the same day...I dunno. Gennew, that's weird, sounds like maybe they handed it over to UPS, but they haven't moved it from the initial dropoff location. That's weird that they are shipping out UPS though, I heard Fedex. Thanks though, you gave all us AT&T guys some hope, seems like they are shipping out early too.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
DoubleM if I could find the link I would post it,but I've been reading so much about the pre-orders I have no idea where I read it.I do remember it was a reliable site though.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I meant, if they receive their shipping stock on the 17th, my chances of getting one on the 19th are good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods