Will you skip the Iphone 3GS and wait for the Iphone rev4?

Will you skip the Iphone 3GS and wait for the Iphone rev4?

• I will not skip iPhone 3GS...I want it now!

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • I'm waiting for iPhone Rev 4.0!

Votes: 46 73.0%

• Total voters

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Wow, as Apple watches their stocks plummet from reading this poll.

Only TWO people want this phone. That's hilarious.

I personally, will not be upgrading. New iPhone = fail = waste of money.

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Get a grip icebike. I never said she couldn't afford it.

I have a grip.

This phone is FASTER, It will support the faster ATT network (if and when it ever reaches Kansas).
It will support 802.11n which means its going to access her office routers faster and access the net faster. It has voice control so she can make calls without touching the phone, and a camera that focuses down to 10 inches to take a picture of that nasty rash so she can consult with the dermatologist in another city.

I also watched the live feed and there were several new developments for Doctors in the presentation. All new development is likely to focus on the 3gs.

She can expense the entire phone on her taxes. Why saddle her with last years's phone just to satisfy your prejudices?

EDIT: I take it back about the 802.11N. Apple - iPhone - Technical Specifications Apparently Apple cheaped out on that too. Its still the same old B/G.

Last edited:

BlackBlood#IM

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I have a grip.

This phone is FASTER, It will support the faster ATT network (if and when it ever reaches Kansas).
It will support 802.11n which means its going to access her office routers faster and access the net faster. It has voice control so she can make calls without touching the phone, and a camera that focuses down to 10 inches to take a picture of that nasty rash so she can consult with the dermatologist in another city.

I also watched the live feed and there were several new developments for Doctors in the presentation. All new development is likely to focus on the 3gs.

She can expense the entire phone on her taxes. Why saddle her with last years's phone just to satisfy your prejudices?

EDIT: I take it back about the 802.11N. Apple - iPhone - Technical Specifications Apparently Apple cheaped out on that too. Its still the same old B/G.

Well thank god I don't have any rashes...hoooray looks like I won't be needing the 3GS Oh darn :) Honestly, the 3GS is not the next step up for the iPhone. Apple is usually ahead of the game when it comes to next gen hardware, but they really dropped the ball on this one. All Apple had to do was look at their competition and the people gunning to knock iPhone out of the ring, and they could have easily produced a better project. I think all the rumors and leaks we have been seeing are most likely true, but I can't see Apple waiting a full year to catch up to everyone else.

Quaseem R.

May 21, 2009
Visit site
So will the 3.0 OS update for my 3G support video? Even if it's a little later in the summer? I'm on the AT&T network. Also do we get the maps update that the 3GS has?

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm waiting for the iPhone 4G. I had the V1 for 6 months before I camped out for the 3G. The 3G, in my opinion, was a significant upgrade over the V1. Most of issues associated with the 3G have been AT&T related. These issues aren't likely to improve in the near future as long as the device remains locked to AT&T.

A thread over at Crackberry had me going for the last couple of weeks. As we all know, there is no iPhone for Verizon. But, I certainly can hope for one next year. :)

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I have a grip.

I have no prejudices against the 3GS as I plan on buying one. It seems like everyone else is disappointed by the 3GS. I'm not. I like the update. Is it earth-shattering? No it isn't. But I didn't expect any of the outrageous rumors to be true so it's not a letdown for me. I'm getting just about everything I wanted. The only other thing I wanted was a matte back and non-chrome bezel. But it's not a dealbreaker for me.

My point was I would suggest she get the 3G if she doesn't want the new hardware upgrade. You've brought up very good points, though that rash bit was kind of nasty, but my point is I'm gonna give her all the info I have, which includes the $99 3G. The more informed she is the better decision she can make. Now I agree with the things you listed that she could do with the 3GS and that's what I'd like to see happen. However, I just don't see that happening now. Maybe she will surprise me, but the smartphone concept hasn't really reached my area of Kansas and this will be her first smartphone.

The majority of people who see my 3G have no idea what it is since there are people here who have never even heard of the iPhone. I'm out and about in the public everyday where I live. I have the only iPhone in the area to my knowledge. I think that may be because I went out of state to get it and I don't know anyone else, besides my doctor, who would be willing to do that. I've seen two Treos and one Blackberry in the wild. Every other cell I see is a razr. Now I want that to change too and I'd like my doctor to really use the medical stuff that's coming down the pipe for the 3GS. But realistically I don't see that happening anytime soon. What I can see is her buying the $99 3G to get her feet wet and loving it then deciding to get the high-end 4th gen iPhone when she's eligible for upgrade. Though watching the guided tour may sway her to the 3GS. :) It's a win-win either way.

danmowchan

May 6, 2009
Visit site
When I first saw the demos and guided tour I really, really, wanted it. But after I've taken a few moments to regain myself, I think I'll stick around for v4. I am hoping the fourth will be a total revamp including a redesign to the OS--at least with backgrounding and a different theme. I can't justify upgrading for the full price because I just recently bought the 3G.

I probably should've waited. But, oh well.

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I am only 4 months into my 2 yr contract so for $500 I won't be upgrading any time soon. Maybe next year. Video would be nice though, especially with a two year old kid around.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3G S... what is that? Oooooh... you mean that piece of crap phone that was released today with features that should have been on the 3G! I guess the "S" stands for SUCKS!

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Really? A doctor that can't afford the latest High-end phone does not exactly instill confidence in my mind.

I can't recommend anyone eligible for a NEW phone subsidy get themselves locked into a 3G at this point.

I won't be upgrading to 3Gs, I'm holding out for a 4G, but if I was a new iPhone customer, I wouldn't be buying a 99 dollar 3G at this point in time.

I think it' s a bargain. You get a very popular phone that matches up pretty well against the 3GS. If you want to spend $100 extra from minimal speed improvements then go ahead. I don't see the point.

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
I totally agree with you. I'm still getting the 3GS though because I do want the new hardware even if I do end up paying $499.

I wish I could talk you out of it. It absolutely makes no sense. They'll have a new iphone in about a year. You are basically getting a stop gap phone.

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
When I first saw the demos and guided tour I really, really, wanted it. But after I've taken a few moments to regain myself, I think I'll stick around for v4. I am hoping the fourth will be a total revamp including a redesign to the OS--at least with backgrounding and a different theme. I can't justify upgrading for the full price because I just recently bought the 3G.

I probably should've waited. But, oh well.

YEa is it me but did the OS get really old fast? I think it is ok but its very lacking. We need an update.

danmowchan

May 6, 2009
Visit site
YEa is it me but did the OS get really old fast? I think it is ok but its very lacking. We need an update.

The OS needs to be updated direly. It needs a better system of notifications; similar to the way the Pre does it and background apps. A new coat of gloss never hurts either.