Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default iphone 3g Unlock Help!!!

This is my first post here in this forum and I'm sorry if this post already has been made. I'm in bit of a rush so I'll just get straight to the point

I got my iPhone 3g unlock today from ebay auction. i inserted my SIM card and it worked fine. Than without even knowing, i updated my iPhone 3g to the latest software thinking that i will still be unlocked. well, today is my unlucky day.

I waited to be updated and finally after that i look at my itunes and it says "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported" and on my phone its on the itunes logo and usb picture and when i unlock it, it takes me to emergency call only screen.

I have read a little bit about jailbreaking it and unlocking it but i dont know the current firmware it updated to or the basebase. Is there any way to check that??? i know the firmware 4.xx i dont know the rest.

Please someone help. i have jailbroken my itouch before and he some experience with jailbreaking but this is totally different.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Your only option assuming it updated the baseband is borrow a AT&T SIM card to bypass the screen

Or JB with redsnow
    3G only gos to 4.2.1 so JB and update to iPad baseband 6.15.00 as that one is unlockable

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iPhone Intermediate

266 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

If I understand correctly, you got the 3G already unlocked. There's like a 85% chance it was already on iPad baseband. And trying to update such a phone using the standard iTunes update doesn't do good, as iTunes basically recognizes it as being tampered with... Usually get an error message, at some point or another in the process. And it will not restore neither... What you needed to do then was a custom firmware update with no BB.

Now... I'd do what Peligro911 says... And cross my fingers...