iPhone 3G with iPad Baseband: update or revert?

Mike4391

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Hey everybody, my brother has an iPhone 3G on tmobile. A while ago I had to make the custom software for him to be able to unlock, I used the iPad baseband. I don't know what happened to his phone, but it's stuck in recovery mode. It shows the connect to iTunes icon, when you plug it in and try to restore, it gives me error 1015, can't figure out what to do to either update or revert, I'd like to just get it back to factory settings, he doesn't really use it because of the lack of 3G, so he just wants to use it as an iPod.. How can I fix it? Thanks in advance for any help!

wiqionline

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
first plug out from computer and turn off iphone (hold down the power and home button untill screen goes black) release both buttons and then run redsn0w (appropriate version) go to Extras and hit Select IPSW, browse for your stock firmware.ipsw file. Then press Pwned DFU button. now plug iPhone in and get into DFU mode. DFU instruction can be found in redsn0w window. once u get into DFU mode the redsn0w will auto go for next step.
Once Pwned process is completed, you can now run itunes to restore your iphone by holding shift button and click on restore button.

Mike4391

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I gotta get going to work soon, so I'll probably try this out tomorrow, but will I be able to restore it to a regular factory software after that or am I still stuck with that custom firmware?

Mike4391

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
BUMP! Can anyone else input on this? When the iPhone 3G turns on it tells me to connect to iTunes. It is 4.2.1 with the iPad baseband 06.15.00. How can I restore this iPhone into working condition?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes use red snow to make a custom Ipsw and go dfu and shift restore in iTunes you have too load a custom because of iPad baseband the custom software you create will not attempt to update the baseband so that way it will load any other reg software will a-temp and get stuck on apple logo

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

DelorisF

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
That's why I never try to update or change anything in my iGadgets myself)))
They seem to be quite vulnerable to all external stuff.
Once having spoiled my iPhone this way I will never do that again!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods