Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

5 Posts

Default Downgrade or not?

I got an iphone 3g that I want to give to a friend. I am currently on the latest 4.2.1 and the baseband is 5.15.04

Currently trying to jailbreak and unlock it with the ipad 6.15 bb but the Redsn0w I can find 0.9.6rc16 auto-close when I reach the fetch ipad bb.

So I am wondering if I should just go back to 3.1.3 and give my friend a slightly faster Iphone.

Thank you
    iPhone Newbie

14 Posts

Based on my tests, 4.2.1 is a "too heavy" for 3GS, even for test performance drooped by ~10%. Additionally I strongly suspect some problems with starting large quick animation (some kind of "chocking") are also caused by upgrade. I plan to downgrade and check, maybe it is my old/tired hardware (3G) fault
    iMore Intermediate

330 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

I upgraded my wife's iphone 3G to an iphone 3GS in January 2011. She hated using her iphone 3G after I upgraded it to iOS4. It was too slow.
    She was much more happy using an iphone 3GS with iOS4.

If you are able to downgrade to 3.1.3 using tinyumbrella then I would do it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk