Iphone 3g really, and I mean REALLY can't restore

tomiasorensen

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am a newbie and I have searched and searched for the answer to this. I have tried a million things including the tinyumbreller thing.

The objectif: Just to make my iPhone 3g work, doesn't need to be jail broken or anything, but does need to be unblocked.

Couple of weeks ago, my screen gave out, I have since fixed it by replacing the lcd, all good. But:

Like a 'nana I tried to re install it to solve the problem and in the process messed it all up.

It is currently in the connect to itunes mode and will not, whatever i try, get out of it. I want to restore but:
I have no ispw file on my computer at all (didn' back it up)
I have no shsh blobs anywhere.....
I have an internet connection (i'm a british expat in Cameroon) that is not fast enough to keep itunes happy when doing the restore the normal way so I have to download the file from a site using jdownloader and point to it by using the shift click trick in itunes. When I do this it starts out fine but ends in an error 1015.

My suspicion is that i need to just download the latest version of the ios so that i don't need the shsh blobs and apple will be happy, but i can't find out where to download the latest. I found and downloaded the one on here:
iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From
that says iphone 3G 4.2.1 and it doesn't work.

any idea at all from anyone at all would be greatly appreciated. I am a long way from home and rely on my dear iphone for company :)

tomiasorensen

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Nope still no go, but news is I have managed to get the phone into DFu mode. It won't get out of it now and i still can't restore.

When I do it with itunes the normal way, it just times out (probably due to my crappy internet connection) and when I do it by pointing to the 4.2.1 ios (is that the most recent?) i got from iClarified it returns an error of 1015 and remains in DFU mode.

Any more ideas?

T

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes the 4.2.1 is the most recent, and the restore to that should work. would recommend to restore to a custom firmware, not to a stock one, can make a custom firmware with snowbreeze. then very important put to pwaned dfu. if is not working change usb port, or even try on other pc

Reactions: Gigi100557

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2