Restoring wet iphone 3g

Qaisar

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi There,

I am really in need of help. By mistake I dropped my IPhone 3g in water, afterward I did some stupid things that led it to further disaster. After I took it out from water, I press the On/Off button to turn it off, but I guess it turned on and staretd vibrating continuously, Iwas not anymore able to stop it, there was some short circuits inside. Since I did not have proper tools to open it, so it stopped vibrating after few hours by itself. At that time I did not know that putting it into rice might help, so I left it as it was, but after one week I put it into rice. Then I recharged the battry and Iwas able to turn it on, but it was just stuck with apple logo. I tried to open it. I could not open it completely, because some screws are very tight. Now I cannot turn it on at all.

Does anyone knows how can I clean it completely from inside and some cleaning liquid?
Any suggestion that would make my iphone alive again will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Qaisar

Chobie Chobes

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Probably about time you upgraded to a new phone. The 3G is too slow these days anyway plus it sounds like you totally fried the thing, getting it fixed would probably cost quite a bit and then you could have instead put it towards the new iphone instead.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My friend had her kid throw her 3GS in the shower lol the ear piece speaker stop working I told her the only thing I knew from my blackberry days lol bust out the hair dryer couple min of warm air fixed it right up lol

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If the device has been submerged in water, and while wet, power was applied, you can bet your last dollar that some part of the electronic circuitry has been fried. The water won't necessarily kill the device - it will eventually dry. But if power is applied while the internals contained moisture, something will have short-circuited. You may get some/most functionality back, but you can expect that some part will have failed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2