iphone 3g wifi connection

tonygool1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
hi is anyone had problems with iphone 3g connecting via wifi to home router.

i just had it repaired and now its started playing up again.

i have restarted phone and router also reset network settings on the iphone.

still no luck ! any ideas ?

cheers tony

Reactions: Jadel

tonygool1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
hi ghost its a d-link dsl2640r. provider is aol. its worked ok before for 9 months then just stopped. then got repaired and worked for 2 weeks and gone again.

cheers tony

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
You said it got repaired, did they ask you to send it in or they just sent a replacement unit? Also, have you updated it to the latest firmware and have you updated your iPhone to the same?

Also, have you moved any items that could interfere with the signal close to it like a cordless phone or something?

tonygool1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes ghost it got sent in for repair. Os is 4.1 (8b117) and firmware is 05.14.02
When i got it back it had been updated. Nothings changed in the home layout. In asfar as anything to interupt the signal. I have tried works wifi and mcdonalds and it picks up neither :-(

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I recently encountered this problem with a 3G. I did soft reset, updated to 4.1, did a factory restore-nothing worked. Then out of the blue it started picking up WiFi again. And then it stopped again. I did an internet search and found a few forums where others reported this happening on their 3G-no real solutions posted, tho'. I hope it starts working again for you.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Personally I would contact apple and have the phone looked at again, especially if you can't connect at McDonalds (Powered by AT&T)

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Yep. I am wondering if it connects anywhere. Like if you go to the Apple store, will it pick up their wi-fi?

FWIW (or not) mine wouldn't pick up the connection at the Apple store. (nor at Starbuck's or Borders) Apple tried to do it manually, putting in their security code, and it still wouldn't connect. That's when they did a brief diagnostic and said the water sensor had been tripped. I really think this is an issue with some 3G devices based on the other reading I've done on it. Definitely worth a trip, tho', to take yours to Apple and see what happens with their WiFi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2