My iphone 3g sleep/lock button won't work?

rsandlas

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
if you want to fix it ur self, open it up and its believe its wire no. 3 and re-plug it in....i had the same problem with my 3gs.

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com
do you mean the button on top where you can also press on w/ the home button to reset the phone if necessary? you could try apple but thats exactly what happened to me and i just upgraded to the iphone4

cos my safari browser would freeze and not work, but the rest of the phone functions would be fine, and i couldn't close/reset so i had to wait for the battery to drain out before plugging it in to reset. was a PITA

other then that, and having to wait for the screen to dim and sleep itself, it wasn't a big deal

you can live w/o it working properly (if apple doesn't fix it, they might but might charge you too since its cos you dropped it and not a defect)

iphonenoob

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm trying to open it and fix it myself. I re-plugged wire 3 before and it still doesn't work. It's not a big problem for me either, but I just want to jailbreak it and in order to do that, the lock button needs to work.

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
even though this post is a year old i just wanted to say that if you still have you iPhone and it still has this problem and if you have Cydia then you can download Activator and set your sleep button for Unlock/Lock devise

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2