Problem with WiFi iPhone 3G.

Airbrushkid

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I have my back iPhone 3G. When every I want to go online it say it cannot. It was deactivate the day I got my iPhone 4. But thought that phone could still use wifi. Sometimes when I remove the sim and then put back in i can connect thru wifi. Everytime I boot the phone it say waiting to activate. Can anyone here help me?

Thanks for your time.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Just remove the SIM card from your 3G and you'll be fine. If you leave your SIM card in the phone it will always try to activate it and fail since you've deactivated it by getting another iPhone. You'll always get the "No SIM card installed" error message when you reboot but that's better than not being able to connect to WiFi. You might have to re-enter your password for your WiFi network at this point but that's about it. I know this works because I had a 3G as well before I updated to the iPhone 4.

Airbrushkid

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I took the sim out but still will not connect to the internet. I'm trying thru my router. I just rebooted my phone. It didn't again but why trying this it connected to the internet. But then stopped. So I reboot again still no connection. Why?

Just remove the SIM card from your 3G and you'll be fine. If you leave your SIM card in the phone it will always try to activate it and fail since you've deactivated it by getting another iPhone. You'll always get the "No SIM card installed" error message when you reboot but that's better than not being able to connect to WiFi. You might have to re-enter your password for your WiFi network at this point but that's about it. I know this works because I had a 3G as well before I updated to the iPhone 4.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I took the sim out but still will not connect to the internet. I'm trying thru my router. I just rebooted my phone. It didn't again but why trying this it connected to the internet. But then stopped. So I reboot again still no connection. Why?
Have you tried resetting network settings? If that doesn't work, try restoring the phone in iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73