iPhone 3G restoring problem

proone

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I`m having some problems restoring my iPhone 3G.

The phone has stopped working, at all. Nothing works, except DFU Mode, from which I can`t even get out of.
I tried holding the power button for more than 10 seconds, I tried holding both the home button & the power button, all the basic keys and nothing - the display stays black.

When I connect it to my PC, iTunes starts and tells me that the phone is in recovery mode.
I downloaded the 3.1.3 ipsw file and selected it by clicking on Restore while holding the SHIFT key.
Restoring started normally, until "Verifying iPhone restore...", where I the following error:
The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (6).
and display turns off.

I tried different software versions, from 2.0 to 4.0.1. I even tried restoring to the automatically downloaded version by iTunes, and none worked. Every time it stops at the above error.

I searched all over the web for a solution and nothing worked.
I tried with different versions of iTunes and different operating systems.
Windows 7 - Latest version of iTunes, 9.1 & 9.0;
Mac OS X - Latest version of iTunes;
Windows XP - Tried with different versions but it can`t find driver for the phone in DFU Mode.

Sending it back to Apple isn`t a sollution as it is out of waranty and mostly because it would take more that a month and enough money to buy a brand new 3GS.

Please, if anyone can help, it would be awsome.
Thanks in advance.

vicky222114

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Relay

i am sorry, you have come across such problems. But, how does your iPhone get this problmes. Maybe you need some professional suggestions from iPhone users. I got my iPhone 3GS last February and without any problems. i know a office website to solve your problems, maybe you can try: apple discussion

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73