Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

69 Posts

Default iPhone 3G running ios 4 - battery life and dropped calls

I have seen a ton of people say they got better battery life with the software update. Mine on the other hand has tanked badly. I have had to charge my phone twice already today and it's not even 5 pm. Normally I can make it all day for sure!

Other problem I am having is dropped calls. I have had 3 dropped calls in less than an hour at my office when I typically have none! I do not know what is up!

Should I restore or something?
    iPhone Beginner

55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

I would sync your phone and back it up on iTunes then put your phone into recovery mode. Recovery mode will usually fix your phone if it is acting up.
    iMore Elite

2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,455 Global Posts

I'd do a restore as new device and see if that fixes your issue.

It wont do anything.. The 3G's hardware is not up to speed with the iOS4.. Just get your self the Iphone 4.
    iPhone Newbie

11 Posts
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts

Did you see my Thread/Topic downthread? I am too new to post links but the title is:

I too was going to do a Restore, and so far, so good! it's back to normal, and it would also explain why ALL 3G users didn't experience a decrease in battery.