iPhone 4 sim in a iPhone 3G. Possible?

iregret

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Before you immediately say no because the iPhone 4 has a micro sim consider this.
MicroSim Adapter 3FF mini-UICC Shop

I want to know if I can use the micro sim from my iPhone 4 in my iPhone 3G. My 3G is a couple of years old and is worse for wear. It has dust under the screen, but is still quite usable.

I work in a dusty environment on occasion and would like to be able to swap out my sim and use my old 3G. That way I can keep my i4 in pristine condition.

Do you think it's possible??

iregret

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I was just concerned it wouldn't because they recently said that the iPad and iPhone sims are not interchangeable.

I just wanted to know before I committed to buying an adapter.

Thanks!

Travelin'Rich

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
After reading these posts I actually ordered one of the adapters from this company. I was a little hesitant since they are overseas and the price seemed too good to be true but I tried it. It worked out great. They don't charge any extra shipping to the U.S. and I got it in the mail in about 1 week. I took the micro sim out of my i4, popped it into the adapter and slid it into my Tilt2. It worked perfectly on voice and data. For me it's great to now have the option of what phone to carry, especially if I'm going someplace where I'm worried about rain, mud, theft, etc. or someplace where cameras (even in phones) are not allowed. Thanks for the tip!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro