iPhone 3G stuck in reboot

jmat06

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
I set my iphone this morning, holding the Power + Home button combination. The phone rebooted to the Apple screen, then shut off. I've tried powering it up multiple times, but this is all it does now. Any ideas?

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
DFU Mode?

(Additional characters to meet posting minimum char requirement...)

DFU mode is recovery mode. (i think it stands for Dont F*** up. :D) follow this:

1. connect to pc/mac
2. Hold power and home for 10 seconds til it starts to start up
3. release power button and continue holding home til you hear the connect sound (windows) or itunes pops up recognizing it.

It will ask you what you want to do..(edit): whether you want to restore this phone from a backup/ create a new phone/ or keep it worthless *dont think thats really an option but hey..*

Last edited:

jmat06

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
DFU mode is recovery mode. (i think it stands for Dont F*** up. :D) follow this:

1. connect to pc/mac
2. Hold power and home for 10 seconds til it starts to start up
3. release power button and continue holding home til you hear the connect sound (windows) or itunes pops up recognizing it.

It will ask you what you want to do..(edit): whether you want to restore this phone from a backup/ create a new phone/ or keep it worthless *dont think thats really an option but hey..*

Yeah I tried that earlier this morning. I'm not at my home computer, so I have no backup to run from til I return home. To the Apple Store I go... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

It irks the $h1t out of me that the predominant option for fixing an iphone with any sort of issues is a full restore. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner