iphone 3G 3.1 issues

The City

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
hey everyone,

I having some serious issues with my iphone 3g 3.1. If any of you have ever heard of any of these issues, please guide me on resolving them.
1: battery life goes very fast. I was at 72% and within 10mins, i dropped down to 65%. And this is without using it.
2: iphone and active sync dont like each other. i am using Exch07 and almost everyday i have to resync with Exch07.
3: While searching emails, it would go back to the homescreen.

I was told to restore 3.1, but i would like to have that as a last resort.

HELP Please!!! it driving me crazy. Thank you and look forward to your post.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
1: Battery life : how do you have your screen brightness setup is it all the way up or somewhere in the middle ?
2: sounds like you may have an issue with you set up , delete account and redo the setup .
3: this happens , some times apps crash .

upgrade to 3.1.2

If this doesnt help , your last resort will be a restore , sorry :(

The City

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Appreciate the help.
I have upgraded to 3.1.2 and restored and this still did not resolve the issue. But what I did find out was if i removed some emails that had big attachments, it stopped the mail app from going back to the homescreen. Also, i have an iphone what is running 3.0 and are not having any issues staying connected to the exchange07 or crahsing. Im thinking this version needs some fixing of its own.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Just an fyi. Apple claims once the IPhone goes through 40 complete cycles the battery only goes to 80% capacity. 40 complete cycles equals from 100-0 in total 40 times and the actualy physical battery 80%. The battery percentage in the top write will still read 0-100. So if your battery was lets say "warn out" it would go quicker than usual.

Another possibility is a rogue program is running in the background constantly.

How old is your phone and how much usage. I think its around $83-$86 for a new replacement battery from Apple.

Hope this helps bro

Josh

The City

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
It is a fairly new phone. Not even a year old. Bought like 3wks ago. They ran a diagnostic at the apple store, and it came back fine. But than again, they are trained to get you out of there quick as possible. I restored it as well. My last resort will be to get another phone and call it a day. But I am challenge junky, so I would much rather find a solution first than the easy road out. Thanks again.
yes i am retarded for not liking the easy road!

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Just an fyi. Apple claims once the IPhone goes through 40 complete cycles the battery only goes to 80% capacity. 40 complete cycles equals from 100-0 in total 40 times and the actualy physical battery 80%. The battery percentage in the top write will still read 0-100. So if your battery was lets say "warn out" it would go quicker than usual.

please quote your source for this. mine charges to 100% after hundreds of charges