How Many Hanging Onto Their iPhone 3G?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
This is my first post here, only because I'm still using a BlackBerry Bold...and trying to decide whether to jump back to the iPhone via a trade with a coworker for his like-new 16gb 3G iPhone.

I really like my BlackBerry...but it's a bit boring, and I miss the apps from my iPhone 3G that I previously had.

And, although I really want an iPhone 3GS, I'm not eligible for an upgrade for a while and don't hve the extra $$$ for that.

So...are there any here who are still holding onto their iPhone 3G, and find it just as usable as the new 3GS?

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
I'm a BB to iPhone 3G convert, although I think about going back from time to time. I like my 3G and see no reason to jump to the 3GS, unless video is really important to you.

I'm eligible for upgrade in December but I'm gonna wait and see what BB ans Apple bring out next year before making a decision.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I got mine like the day the 3gs came out. I've been very happy with it so far. My only gripe is that I didn't get the larger 16 gig model.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I love my 3G, I would love a 3Gs but I buy all my phones in private sales so I own the phone and am not on contract. So I will probably wait until next year when Apple releases a new phone or once our other two carriers get the iPhone in a month and private iPhone prices will get lower. I say get the 3G and keep it looking like new. Then either when you are eligible for upgrade you will be able to sell it and make but some money.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I still have my 16G 3G and am perfectly happy with it! I can upgrade early in a month, but I might wait and save the upgrade to see if anything new is announced in the Spring.;)

rokamortis

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
I still have my 3G - and am happy with it. Every once in a while I am tempted to get the 3GS but I've decided that I'm going to wait until the 2010 iPhone.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Keeping my 3G until the next iPhone comes out. The 3GS wasn't enough reason, especially since I was not eligible for upgrade then. Nothing is wrong with my 3G now, works great.

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
When I got the 3GS, I gave the 3G to my wife and she loves it. I somtime pick it up and use it with no problem since it has the same apps as mine.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I made the jump from the 2g and loved it , but I didnt see a must need jump to the 3GS . The video is awesome but that why I bought my $1000 HD video camera . So I think I will just wait it out till next fall .

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
dude! I jumped from the 2g to the 3gs! what a massive improvement. when 3g came out it was not enough of an upgrade to convince me to upgrade. but then comes the 3gs and zowie! soooo glad that I skipped over the 3g all together!

3gs...Hard-n-tight!

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
dude! I jumped from the 2g to the 3gs! what a massive improvement. when 3g came out it was not enough of an upgrade to convince me to upgrade. but then comes the 3gs and zowie! soooo glad that I skipped over the 3g all together!

3gs...Hard-n-tight!
I refused to pay $600 for a phone with a contract when the original iPhone came out, so started with the 3g. I think skipping a generation is a wise decision though. The 2g to the 3g wasn't much of an improvement and the 3g to the 3gs wasn't much of an improvement.

I'll be upgrading when the next iPhone comes out and am sure it'll be worth the upgrade from the 3g at that point, and I'm sure I'll be glad I skipped the 3gs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox