Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

445 Posts
    Global Posts
    449 Global Posts

Default Help needed in iPhone 3G!!!

My iPhone 3g seems to be working properly, games, internet, etc are all fine. But the screen turns black when I push the phone button. I have a black screen and cannot make a call. I can receive a call and answer it, but as soon as I do, the screen goes black and I have to guess where the hang up button is and push the phantom button to hang up. I can make a call I guess by going to my recent calls list which I cannot see, which I discovered when I was touching the screen and called someone by accident. I have the latest version of the phone software.
    iMore Expert

840 Posts
    Global Posts
    870 Global Posts

Strange?! Have you tried to "reset" the phone? Hold the Home and the "On/Off" button and hold until the screen goes blank and then the Apple logo comes back up. If that does not clear it up you may try to "restore" from iTunes. Those two things usually clear 99% of the problems up.

Sounds like something your iPhone ate is not agree with it.
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

Is your phone JB or not? so the screen only goes blank on calls? otherwise the screen is fine. Do you have auto brightness on? try turning it off and see if there is a difference.