Changing Housing on iphone 3g

tmartz#AC

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Okay so im going to chnage the housing on a black 8gb iphone 3g, im looking at this
New Apple iPhone 3G OEM Back Housing (16GB White) - eBay (item 280385303218 end time Oct-13-09 10:03:20 PDT)

Is that going to work or do i need something else anybody that has done this beforee can you please answer my question do i need something different to hold everything in place.

iPhone 3G 16GB OEM Back Housing w/ Chrome Bezel (White) - eBay (item 250498724905 end time Sep-24-09 11:21:12 PDT)

Like this it has the thing that holds the camera and everything anybody have any experience with this...

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Most people would try to get the same labeling on the back that the phone is, 8GB back for an 8GB phone. I guess that depends on the availability, though.

iFixit: Apple Mac, MacBook, iPod, and iPhone Repair Parts has a section for the iPhones and a step by step teardown that shows you how to take the phone apart and repair/replace certain parts. They even sell some parts on their website like the bezels and front plates, but no back plates that I see.

Go to the website and look through their iphone teardown and it will show you what it entails.

tmartz#AC

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
No that was not what i ment im saying in when of the casings theres a place that holds the camera in place and what not and the other doesnt. Can i use my old housing and take out the camera hold and put it in the new one i buy

tmartz#AC

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
The only reason im changing the hosuing is because i dont want the black cuz it scratches and its more noticable then the white

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not being a smart ass so don't take my answer that way, I would honestly say if you are worried about scratches get a case. The tear down and replacement is going to be very hard and a great chance you will screw something up, meaning possible dead phone, if you open the case I'm sure Apple will not honor the warranty if you have any. The same ebay page in the Q&A says they have a service that you can send in your phone and they will replace the casing for you. This might be an option, if it's screwed up on their end they will most likely ship you another one.

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Great advise from Ipheuria. Case Mate and others have barely there cases that add almost no bulk to the phone (still fits in holster), and come in matte finishes that hide the scratches and smudges.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2