iPhone 3G keeps rebooting!

Goldengryph

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I have an unlocked iPhone 3G running 3.0 and it keeps rebooting (and vibrating twice) when plugged into my Macbook via USB and the wall outlet.

If I try to unplug the phone I can hardly use it for a minute or so before it turns off completely.

Please help guys this is really annoying and I havn't been able to find a clear solution as yet.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Ooo I even restored and it still does it I am feeling nice today here are two promo codes get them fast
JMXMNHPRT3H3
M4F3X49FFXNJ

Did you restore your iPhone from DFU and set it up as new? If so, was it rebooting then too? Because if it's a fresh restore, with nothing else installed and no JB, then I'd have to say a trip to the Apple store is called for.

I'd put my money on a faulty JB app.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Did you restore your iPhone from DFU and set it up as new? If so, was it rebooting then too? Because if it's a fresh restore, with nothing else installed and no JB, then I'd have to say a trip to the Apple store is called for.

I'd put my money on a faulty JB app.

yes I restored as new and it still does it it even did it on my other iPhone once but I don't backup that one often.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
But was it a DFU mode restore? Just plugging your iPhone into the PC and clicking restore in iTunes doesn't wipe everything out.

Once I forgot to backup some Cycorder videos before doing a regular restore. Luckily, the videos were still stored within the file structure.

I haven't read this anywhere, but the impression I have after messing around with many restores is that a DFU mode restore will format the device, a regular restore doesn't. Perhaps there's a file on your iPhone that isn't being erased that's causing your problems.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
But was it a DFU mode restore? Just plugging your iPhone into the PC and clicking restore in iTunes doesn't wipe everything out.

Once I forgot to backup some Cycorder videos before doing a regular restore. Luckily, the videos were still stored within the file structure.

I haven't read this anywhere, but the impression I have after messing around with many restores is that a DFU mode restore will format the device, a regular restore doesn't. Perhaps there's a file on your iPhone that isn't being erased that's causing your problems.

Thanks for telling me this I will do a DFU restore later.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73