SLow iphone 3G after 3.0 update

zwienerdc

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed that my 3G hasbeen really slow after updating. It takes forever for it to boot up, takes forever to open an application as simple as messages, and it does not type with speed, have to wait at least 2-3 seconds before it recognizes my typeing. Also does not have as good of a signal as before. Does anyone else have this same problem. Any solutions besides taking it to applel.

yardwork2009

May 21, 2009
Visit site
i am experiencing a bit of a slowdown too, tho not as much as you are;

i have looked for answers but there doesnt seem to be much consensus out there;

i am wondering if it is better to do an upgrade from 2.2 to 3.0 or of it is better to do a clean and restore and then install 3.0 fresh?; any thoughts?; i have heard that the 3.0 runs better on a fresh install versus an upgrade?;

thatiphoneguy

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
mine was actually faster with the update, then when i jailbroke it, it slowed down considerably. this slow down, really really annoyed me, so today i decided to restore the phone and guess what, its fast again.

zwienerdc

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I restored it to factory settings and it runs great now. I think it is true that the 2.0 update works better on some phones as a fresh install instead of an update.

edken

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
Post call-to-applecare rant!

Hi, I have been having the same problems (basically a system wide slowdown since updating to 3.0).
I just called apple care and the guy on the phone told me that I had downloaded a corrupted version of the software due to server overload.
He basically gave me two options which were;

1. Create a new user account on my mac, set up a new (and fresh) iTunes and restore my iPhone from that user account. Then switch back to my real user account and sync my now empty iPhone to my library.
He did say that he could in no way guarantee that this would solve my issues as there are still a lot of server problems going on at apple.

2. Wait. He said that he himself had not updated his iPhone as he knew this would happen. He said he would never update his iPhone for at least a couple of weeks after the update went live. When i asked him how i would know if the server issues had been solved he said just to call apple care and see how long i would have to wait on hold.​

Clearly apple was aware this could happen, that it was even likely. If the guy on the phone knew enough to stay away then why did apple even release this update? Its negligent and just another example of apple failing its customers. (We all remember going through this before in the past with updates/activation and need I mention the uber-hell that was MobileMe 1.0?)

Personally i don't think this is good enough. I wouldn't be surprised if this slow down of the old iphone is just a way of pressuring loyal customers to upgrade to the new iphone 3G S, after all we know that S is something we are all missing right now!

If apple can give a 30$ itunes gift card to AT&T customers for something that wasn't apples fault i think this epic fail warrants a decent discount on an iPhone 3G S or at the very least a new update that fixes this and a hefty upgrade to its servers with a change to its procedures.

Anyway, thats my rant over and if you want to know if I chose option one or two, I'm taking two for now because i hate the couple of hours it takes to sync the 14GB of content back to my iPhone. (However apple care might be getting a few prank phone calls from me for the next few weeks.)

Daggs3242

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Slow phone fix

Found fix shut off all push fetch options in mail contacts and calander to Manuel . This speed my phones os system and I see a small increase in Internet speed . I didn't find this myself I read it on a different site ,I thought I would pass it on , I hope you all will do the same as we are all in the same boat , thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh