TiPb 32GB iPhone 3G S Give Away - Day Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnytk36#IM

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I use my iPhone all day every day for work and personal use. With JuduVNC i have been able to leave my laptop home and not feel naked without some powerful computer with me. Before that i used to carry my 17inch Macbook pro with me everywhere.

I welcome the speed boost, the inverted colors, and I'm on a 8g 3g right now and I'm drooling over that 32gb.

The best part is all that money i spent on cases and accessories will work with the new version.

ensorgumbs

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
The reason I want the iPhone 3GS is for the increased speed. I'm a medical resident and at times need fast access to my medical apps. This is especially needed for epocrates which takes a while to open and even get the keyboard up.

dbcollies

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Envy

My wife has a 3G, while I use an HTC Fuze, which is already giving me grief. She has WAY too much fun with hers, and, with the new speed and memory capabilities (and, hopefully, tethering soon) it will be able to fully replace my Fuze.

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I need an upgrade to the iPhone 3Gs for LOTS of reasons. One - I have an inappropriate attachment to my 3G. I love it so much it hurts! And the new one can only be better, right?

Also, I need a compass so that I can answer my 3 year olds questions about where the sun will come up and allow us to watch sunrises together (this came up this morning and I had to tell my husband that if I had a 3GS I would be able to find it without waiting for the pink!)

I also am out at the playground frequently with my 2 young children and would like to be able to send better quality pictures and video's of them to my husband when he travels.

Really I just love my phone and want the latest and greatest of it. I do a lot of web surfing while at the playground with kids and a faster load of pages would be SO great. Also, I'm starting to run out of space on my 16 GB 3G after 6 months, which makes me sad.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
The speed- it's all about the speed, baby!
Would give this to my wife though as I will be rocking my own iPhone 3GS come tomorrow!

JCK1020

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3G S

I would very much so wish to receive the new iPhone 3G S, because then I will have the new hardware. My 3G is only 8GB, and I am constantly having to take things off. I need video too! I need this phone!

MarilynneN

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The most compelling reason...

The most compelling reason for me to upgrade to the 3Gs is voice control. I know that's probably not high on most people's list, but I love using my phone in the car to listen to music and since I don't have integrated controls, having a way to navigate the iPod with voice commands is very nice and a lot safer in the crazy commute traffic stream.

Of course, the performance bonuses of the new hardware are pretty spiffy too :D

fromamerica

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I need an iPhone

Right now I have a WM Fuze and an iPod Touch 2G. I am always carrying around two devices, which is bothersome. Having been a WM user for several years, I was shocked and amazed at the interface when I got the Touch, and am now using it for most personal uses, including mail, ereader, tasks, as of course music. I am still using the Wm device as my phone & to get the company email, but I would love to get the iPhone so I could ditch WM forever.

I have always been a gadget guy and am thinking about blogging my experience whenever I do get a new iPhone about the move from WM.

vvelvetelvis#CB

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
why do i want to upgrade? partially a tech whore and partially my wife still has the 2g phone and i want to get her off of that and onto my 3g. but mostly, tech whore.

Unlying

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Teacher

I'm a high school band teacher who uses his iPhone as a recording device, metronome, tuner and "look at this" example from YouTube. 2 weeks ago my iPhone saw it's end dropping off the scaffolding during a marching band rehearsal. As I was talking it scooted of the edge hitting the all the platforms in the middle. THe 125+ kids on the field started laughing until I told them it was my iPhone that fell and then there was an uncomfortable hush on the field as they knew how much the phone meant to me. Being a teacher, we don't have much disposable income forcing me to go back to my Blackjack 2.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I stood in in line launch day for bot the iPhone and iPhone 3G. I paid $600 for my first iPhone only to have the price cut 1.5 months later with no new model. I need the faster load times and sweetness of the iPhone 3Gs as a gamer to play more games!

I am not eligible for an upgrade from AT&T until December. At that point I expect iPhone 4 rumors to be raging so it will be a waste to use my upgrade then.

danny2582

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Why i want a 3gs

Hi , the reason i want a 3gs is I'd like to give either the new 3gs or my current 3g to my mother,i know it sounds cheesey but shes done so much for me over the years and id like to give back, also she uses a old pos phone that bareley works and she doesnt have a computer since hers broke a couple years back.So this would be a phone and a computor all wrapped in 1! I really cant afford 1 to buy her so maybe you guys can help out . Thanks , danny

Last edited:

@JKeith1982

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well... I was first introduced to apple when I bought my 8gig ipod. Since then I have had to increase my bandwidth at home (which is not cheap in South Africa) because I fell inlove with various podcasts... I bought it thinking 8gigs would be enough but I was quickly proven wrong. 8gigs is only the beginning or so I thought!

I then realised that one is able to have an ipod and phone in one. Seeing that I was seriously in need of a new phone as I have always been given the hand me down phone in my family, I thought I'd price them and possibly buy one. A little gift to myself.

I was utterly disapointed when I realized that there was just no way I could afford to buy a 8gig iphone and still pay for a wedding which is just over 5 months away (Novemeber 09 to be exact).

I was prepared to sell my CD collection and hifi to try and get one... That's how serious I was about getting one. However my soon to be wife told me that she wouldn't marry me if I did that... Dream smashed again!

So sadly I am unable to purchase my own iphone cause even a 4gig iphone here is just to exspensive and the only way I can try and get one is by entering competions such as this one and hoping...

So here I am holding thumbs!

Thanks for the oppurtunity to enter!!!

slickrsx

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Win 3GS!

Winning a 32gb iphone 3GS would be sick! #1 reason why i would want to win and upgrade from my 3G would have to be, the extra space to save my recorded vids from the new video camera! Freakin Awesome! Me recording = upload wirelessly to youtube. Thanx for the chance to win.

jmleib

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Happy Birthday, honey!

So, today is my wife's birthday.

Her iPod broke, which she uses extensive to teach aerobics classes. A few months ago, I had to take her to the ER in the middle of the night, and by the time we left, my iPhone was no where to be found.

So, I "upgraded" another line to replace my phone, and now our renewal date is somewhere around 2015.

It makes complete sense for her to replace her iPod with an iPhone, and I'd do it in a heartbeat for the contract pricing, but I'd much rather tell her at dinner tonight that I got her a shiny new 32GB iPhone 3Gs instead of telling her she'll have to get by on a Nano for a few years. :)

rotwiler9

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I've always wanted an iphone, and this new one looks amazing. Great camera, compass, the ability to use it for everything (internet, phone, music, video, gps), but the price is just too much for me. I'd love to get this phone, as i still have the same basic phone i've always had on att, and i've been checking this site nonstop ever since 3.0 was announced; this would be a nice birthday present :).

crglrsn

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm obsessed with the iPhone/iPod Touch family and really want the iPhone 3GS, but it's just not in the budget for an early upgrade. My partner and I both upgraded early from WinMo & Razr phones to the 3G and we love it, but paid $500 each because we weren't eligible. He lost his iPhone at MacWorld 2009 (darn pickpocket'ers) and he's been missing his toy.

~Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.