TiPb 32GB iPhone 3G S Give Away - Day Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlefixit

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I've been following the iPhone closely since it was first announced, and was always concerned about the amount of storage capacity (or lack of, in my mind). At 32GB, even the 3G iPhone would've been sufficient for me. In addition, I'm intrigued by--and very much looking forward to utilizing--the new iPhone OS 3.0 tethering option (to be made available later this summer, or whenever AT&T gets around to it).
Oh, and my fianc? couldn't wait, and got a 3G one a few weeks ago, not planning on going for the upgrade (which we believed to be sometime in July)--so I've had to suffer through watching her use hers for the last few weeks, only to discover I could've purchased one at the same time, and exchanged it within the return window and avoided the gloating. :rolleyes:

langley182

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3g embarrasment!

When the iPhone 3g came out, I was so excited, I planned on getting in line about 4 hours before the AT&T store opened in the small, college town I was living in. Unfortunately my Spanish class decided have their final that morning. I was very depressed, until my wife, 6 months pregnant, offered to stand in line for me. She stood there for 3 of the 4 hours. I am ashamed that she did that for me, and would love to present her with a new iPhone 3g s to show that I do love her. Also, I would like to sleep in the bed again:)

solaroid

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I want an iPhone 3GS because my brother is starting grad school with an iPhone, and I can see how useful it is to him for schoolwork access, calendar, lectures, videos, and so on. Thank you.

anon(760814)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
My first cell phone was purchased 3 years ago after years of prompting from wife and children. Two years later we upgraded to voice and text. I've always been hesitant to include additional features, wary of hidden fees. After sending my wife and 2 children to college, we upgraded the entire family to iPhones in late March. As a communication tool we?ve enjoyed many of the benefits of 21st century. However I may not have purchased iPhones if I had compared some of the other smartphones, rate plans, and carriers available. The new os and hardware features of the 3G S are features that will help Apple keep an edge on competition. But it?s not enough for me to pay full retail cost.

jtarrio

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
What I really want of the iPhone 3G S is the higher capacity (32 GB) and the "S" for Speeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and Video Recording!!

GodsMac

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Seems like a nice upgrade, but not worth a few hundred bucks for a compass and video. Speed and MMS sounds nice. I'll definitely take one if I win, lol.

dlocke

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Im currently on verizon using an LG Dare. I want to upgrade to an Iphone 3GS because I've had nothing but problems with Verizon. Im on my 2nd Dare due to equipment malfunctions and I want to jump ship. The main thing holding me back is the $175 early termination fee that I would have to pay verizon on top of buying the Iphone. I can't afford both. To top it all off, my 30gig Ipod video just died so now I am without an Ipod. If I won the Iphone it would help me get out of my contract with verizon, and solve my Ipod loss. Two things I desperately need.

spyder5o3

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Why I want an iPhone

I just want a new phone, that's it. My wife and are are just living pay check to pay check because she is on disability for a medical problem. This makes it impossible to ever get anything except what we need to live, it would be nice to have something that is'nt 5+ years old.

blindkangaroo

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It sucks to be a geek on a budget, but alas I am. The wife also has been talking and wanting an iPod Touch (she's not the smartphone type person). The iPhone would be perfect, gadget for both of us and we can replace our KRZR phone with an iPhone. Take photos of the kids wherever we are, take videos too (I'm not in the habit of backing my video camera everywhere I go). The Grandparents would love getting photos sent to them of what the grandkids are doing, while they're doing it! And the GPS would be awesome, we'd stop getting lost on vacation all the time! :)

Cheers,
BK

House

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Storage and upgrading

I am one of the oddballs who maximizes the use of the storage on my iPhone 3G. The biggest reason I want to upgrad to the iPhone 3Gs is so I can get the 32 GB version and have more storage space!

Don't get me wrong, I always need the latest and greatest iPhone and iPod before that, and I am looking forward to the video recording and voice control. But I have over 200 apps loaded on my iPhone and I use it as my only iPod for music, videos, and especially podcasts (large). Add my photo library and the 16 GBs are always full to the point that some apps crash on launch if the unused disk space is too small.

Please hook me up TiPB/Store/Forums. I am in the excrutiatingly frusturated group of not being AT&T ugrade eligible in March 2010. If AT&T had publicized that you needed to spend $99+ a month, I could have easily re-arranged my family plan to qualify to upgrade tomorrow. Alas, I am screwed unless you can help me!

Happy upgrading to all of you lucky folks out there!

Cheers,

Jeff / House

PBear777

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I've been droooooling over the iPhone 3GS and driving my bf crazy w/ iPhone chatter for the last 10 days. I suspect that if I don't get an iPhone soon, he will give me an eyePhone (current phone stuck in my eye). So pleeeeeeze, for his sanity and my vision, PICK ME!!!!!!

tsalonia#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I currently own the iPhone 3G, and the #1 reason for ME to upgrade is the 32GB storage capacity of the 3G S. I will be able to hold my entire music library now, along with all my podcasts and audiobooks that I listen to. This will now become my COMPLETE device for me!!!!!

Snowman81

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
Even though I love my 2G iPhone 8GB, I have to admit that camera on it is pretty weak and it would be nice to finally have a phone that can take really good photos...that's definitely what I'm looking forward to the most and having video recording would just about make me the happiest man alive. When I was getting my iPhone way back when, 8GB of storage seemed like a lot but since the App Store launched 8GB doesn't quite seem like that much unless I take off most of my music.

I'd also love to finally have GPS built into my phone, that's something all the 3G users have had for a long time.....and something I really wish I had.

french777

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Rickrolled by Apple :(

So basicly, I bought the 1st Generation Ipod Touch when it came out, thinking apple would at least wait a couple of years before making a new one. Guess I was wrong. The Ipod Touch 2nd Generation threw the Ipod Touch 1g into oblivion with all it's great new features like Bluetooth support, volume buttons, Mic support etc.
So an Iphone 3GS would be my little way of getting back at Apple!

teejayhanton

May 31, 2008
tj.hanton.net
I'd actually like to upgrade my wife's iPhone. I just got the 3G about a month ago, but she still has the first gen. She's heading back to get her Masters in Education this Fall and I just know the features of the new 3GS would serve her better than a 1st gen iPhone running 3.0. :)

MikeCTZA

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm a total iPhone fan so I just have to have the new 3GS. I've had a 2G, 3G and this is just the next in my must have iPhone lineup. Love the look of the new model, drooling to try out the new hardware features. Can't wait !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73