TiPb 32GB iPhone 3G S Give Away - Day Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSkythe

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I've had the free phone that came with AT&T for 3 years now, and it's nothing it does, it's what it DOESN'T do that is the reason I want the iPhone 3GS. I want to be able to access my email 24/7, record video whenever I feel like it, voice dialing, and 7.2mbps speed (I think my phone is EDGE). Good luck on ebay my crappy phone!

poisoneye

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
For me it's all about two things: the better camera (I shoot a ton of pictures with my phone) and the better battery life (it feels like I'm constantly charging my current phone; i have a charger at home, in the car and at work).

Got the Shakes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I need a 3GS because I need something that can shoot some video and be able to post it online quickly. I currently have a 3G and love it. I would not be able to purchase a 3GS on my own because of AT&T's $499 upgrade price for me.

Thanks for running this contest!

marktheknife

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm a med student, so I'm:
a) ridiculously in debt
b) have been able to shed at least 10 lbs of books from my coat pockets by using the epocrates and skyscape apps with my 3G
c) work in a hospital that's so ancient that I think they used the same architect as the guy who built the labyrinth (the one with the minotaur, not David Bowie), and I get lost all the time.
A shiny new (free) 3G S with a compass is clearly the only solution to my problems. Thanks!!

magnum11

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3Gs

I would like to win the 3Gs to give to my Dad on Fathers Day. He is looking in on getting a plan (currently on pre-paid) but, he wants to get some cheapie cheap phone. I have the iPod Touch 2g and he likes it a lot( he keeps asking if i still use it). I think it would put a huge smile on his face and he wouldn't have to waste his money on some horrible phone. He has done a lot for me and I just want to win this to give back what he has given to me. This would make me happy just to give it to him. I currently have the blackberry flip, I don't think he wants a blackberry, and I know he will love the iPhone 3Gs.

-Max G

tasi

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
So I got a first gen iphone for my wife, we're on T-Mobile so didn't make sense getting the 3G. But after setting it up and using it a couple days I really wanted to keep it, but I have an android and love the 3G speeds I get so I couldn't give that up for an iPhone running on Edge. But to get the iPhone 3G S free, I'd switch to AT&T.

Thanks
T.

sophiesaulie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TiPb 32GB iPhone 3G S Give Away - A love affair

Okay, I admit it, I have a love affair with Apple. I've been an Apple devotee for over 15 years. My first Apple was the Powerbook 140. I paid $300 to upgrade its memory from 4M to 8M. Talk about how far we have come. I still have it. It turns on, but the screen isn't working, yet I still have it stored in my garage in a xerox box. That Powerbook saw my husband through his Master's degree, that and an old Laserwriter that he printed all his papers on which I also still have.

So, it made sense that my first cell phone EVER (I'm not kidding) would be the iPhone. I really didn't need a cell phone before because I really wasn't a phone talker. When Apple announced the iPhone at MacWorld and I saw all that it could do, it was love at first sight and it's been faithful ever since. Admission here, I use it for EVERYTHING else more than I use it as a phone, but I am still completely in love. Now, there's the 3G s and I'm in love again. I think it's time to upgrade, but we'll keep my first cell phone in the family, my husband will get it. Me? I hope to enjoy the new features that I didn't have before, 3G, GPS and now video, voice control as well all the other great stuff it comes with. Yeh, I'll probably use it for everything else more than I use the phone, but that's the beauty of an Apple product and what can I say? I'm in love.

tpressman

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It's all about the video, baby...

I'm a filmmaker and currently have the 3G. I have jailbroken but the video capability is shoddy at best (15fps 320x240).

For location scouting, etc, the iPhone video camera is a Godsend... and for it to be integrated into great tools like Evernote, and upcoming streaming apps like ustream and qik, all i would need is my phone to scout locations and send info to colleagues back at the office, or around the world!

I've been a contributer to TiPB via twitter bringing experiences and updates regarding how to hack the 3G for MMS and tethering 5 - 6 days before the "easy restore enable via terminal command" came out in mainstream mac blogs... BTW - enable custom/manual carrier updates in iTunes 8.2 using the following terminal command.

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

TiPB is great! Keep it up. TTYL. May the best fan win!

YodaDigzBeck

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Why Do I want the 3G S? Why wouldn't I want it?!

As I write this post using my 7 month old 8GB iPhone 3G,it's easy for me to boil my wanting of the 32GB iPhone 3G S down to 1 reason; I want it because 'It' is there. Yes, I simply want it because 'It' is available.

'It' stands for the biggest, fastest, most functional version of something that I have not only grown to love but have integrated into my everyday life. I want 'It' because it has the newest bells and whistles (video!) that I may not need but I surely crave.

I love my iPhone because 'It' just works for me and can only imagine how much better my experience will be with more storage and more functionality. But that is why I want the newest 'It'...I don't have to wait for a future. I can get 'It' now.

papasmurfrock

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Reasons for wanting the new iPhone!

Although I adore my iPhone 3G, I would really like to get the new one mostly for the new voice app they have been advertising. It just looks so cool.

I also would like to have better video and camera along with better battery life and a little snappier phone altogether!

My birthday is coming up but I really didn't want my wife to have to purchase me another new iphone...like last year! LOL. To just get it free would be wondermous! LOL.

itsyours2

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
iPhone fan

I've been an iPhone fan ever since they first came out! I happened to stop by the local AT&T store a day after the first gen phone debut. They had one 4gb phone in stock and I bought it! Ever since then I've been a fan! I really like Apple's software interface on the phone, a very intuitive device to say the least! I now have the 16gb 3G version but would really like the 'S' model due to the voice recognition (this would be nice and safer when driving...), auto focus 3mp camera (I use it to take pictures of buildings I've designed) and of course the video capabilities would be awesome for capturing my kids during all their funny moments! :)

Shasta RN

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

If you are not old enough to remember (or have never seen) the Super Bowl commercial in 1984 by Riddly Scott, then you do not know what revolutionary really is (that commercial itself was revolutionary). I have been a true Mac user since 1984 and have not looked back since. I have been an iPhone user since June of 2007. I now have four kids and have not been able to upgrade my 8gb phone to 3G, we didn't have 3G service in our area at the time (now we do) so I have been quietly waiting for the next upgrade.

NOW IS THE TIME. Apple continues to put the hammer down on the competition.

Cheers,
Shasta RN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox