TiPb 32GB iPhone 3G S Give Away - Day Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdavila

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Last year i was one of the first people to buy an iphone 3g, i waited in line for hours and hours. about a week later after buying the phone a cousin of mine dropped it in the toilet. I have not been able to buy another phone since, i could really use a new phone.

34rly4d0pt3r

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Similar tale here, except that I've never had a problem with space. Instead, I've had a lot of problems with stability (microphone constantly decides not to work). Safari rendering speed is terrible, as well, so improving that's a close second.

I bought my iPhone 2G in February of 2007 for a whopping $400. Just a couple of months later, the price dropped. I was loyal to it when the 3G came out and didn't upgrade. The phone has become more of a chore lately. With only 8 GB on it, I am constantly having to take music, pictures, and good apps off of it because I just don't have enough space for something new. If I got a 3G S, I would not only be able to put all my music and most of my important pictures, but I could actually download some apps (even if its just to try them out) rather than saying, "It'd be cool if I had some more space so I could see what that's all about." My 2G has been great to me, but I know it's time to go bigger so I can experience all that Apple has to offer.

~Greg Dietz

netsyd

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Biggest reason for me is the upgraded processor and memory.

After watching a video yesterday of the load times of games, applications, and web pages using the 3G S - its obvious that while the specs may not seem like a huge upgrade... they really are. Load times being cut in nearly half would save me a lot of transition time.

And while some of you may scoff at the addition of the compass - that one is huge for me. Being from Denver I've always got mountains to tell me which direction is west. I spent some time on the Oregon coast a couple weeks ago and anytime I couldn't see the ocean.. I was almost instantly directionally challenged. I guess my built in compass is permanently broken.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I was originally trying to win for my wife. She got a new iPhone in December of last year, so isn't eligable for an early upgrade. However, now with the AT&T screw up changing my eligability date, I am being selfish and trying to win for myself so I can actually upgrade my phone when AT&T originally said I would be able to do so. (IF AT&T correct's their snafu, then I will be trying to win for my wife again).

Unless I am considered a TiPB employee and ineligable for the contest. ;)

Chris

slpgirl

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I need an iPhone...

I want to be the winner of the iPhone giveaway because I am a photographer. I love all the capabilities that the 32GB iPhone 3G S would offer me. The photo storage, slideshows, video, camera, music...need I say more?? I currently have a Blackberry Curve. Need I say more?? The Blackberry does nothing remotely comparable to the iPhone for what I would love and appreciate in a phone, however, I just can't rationalize purchasing it at this time. The iPhone would allow me to share my work with potential clients on the run...which would be awesome. And, on those days when I don't want to lug my big camera around...I would still have a decent little camera to snag pictures of my kids. A photographer must have! Pick me, pick me! ;)

Waffles#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Everything related to the camera. The camera was the weakest feature of the iPhone hardware spec sheet and the new camera remedies that in more than one way. Higher res, auto focus, and of course video. I'm looking forward to video!

davidizzy

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm a student who is conducting an undergraduate research project. The 3G S would be the perfect phone for me! The compass would definitely help me when I am in the field sampling. The video capabilities would allow me to make a series of video-notes for reference. Additionally, some of the experiments from work and class would make great YouTube videos! :D

desminbarrow

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I would like to win the iPhone 3GS because I'm still stuck on the 2G. I havent been able to afford the 3G because of the amount of med. bills that I have at the moment. I have been patient and tried setting money aside for the phone but have been unable to. I have enjoyed using the iPhone 2G but it's just not up to par anymore. The size upgrade is one of the more important things to me because I can barely hold anything on this 8g. The enhanced GPS would help as well, I always seem to get lost going somewhere.

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
I admit it, I'm hooked on Apple and iPhone. My first Apple experience was the Original Newton Messagepad (how long ago was that!). Having waded through the waters of Sony Clies, Palms and Handsprings, carefully avoiding Windows Mobile and Pocket PCs, I was thrilled at the announcement of the iPhone and it has exceeded my expectations. I can only imagine what Apple has instore for future generations of this technology. Plus, as much as I drive, I really need the voice dialing features!

gerard629

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Video editing on the fly......... how cool is that. I love my Ipod Touch, the phone without the monthly bill but I'm ready for the total experience 3Gs!

ronachai

May 4, 2009
Visit site
This will be my first iPhone. I purchased the iPod Touch a few months ago and fell in love. But I'm getting pretty sick of lugging around my Blackberry and my iPod Touch. I cannot wait til Friday!!

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I want the new iPhone 3G S because I saved to buy my iPhone 3G and then iPhone 3G S is coming out and cannot upgrade and I would love to video record.

kenkneeb

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hovering, Networkable iPhone is 'Calling Me'

Most people no doubt have seen those little micro hovering craft, well, I, along with my iPhone App. developing friend, wish to create a small 'swarm' of hovering, networkable, iPhones that can be 'let loose' in night club, art gallery or the like, to hover near the ceiling, screens down, with the the iPhone set to a visualizer program (like in iTunes) so that each iPhone visually interacts & pulses, reacts to the beat of the music. Each iPhone can be set to react to different frequencies or BPM (beats per minute) so as to create a visual symphony, an iPhone real-time networkable visual synthesizer, if you will. Oh yeah, then there's the fact that I been using a Mac since 1985, I'm writing this on 17" MacBook Pro, and I just got to have that Hang (pronounced Hung) drum app. from Avacata. Dreamy, awesome, hopeful. Thanks for letting me play!
Ken Becker
conspire2inspire.com

Azure05

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Why I cant wait to upgrade!

I bought the Iphone 3G the day it came out and loved the speed and the features it had, but with in one month it was stolen while i was having lunch in a great streetside cafe on Lincoln Rd in Miami, when I sat down I placed the phone on the table top, as many people do, however as I was eating a thief snatched the phone off the table right under my eyes. Its very shocking when it happens, and you are left a bit stunned. After a quick chase after my phone the thief got away, but the story has two points.. one be careful where you leave your new iphone, and second was I got teased with the 3g features..but had to go back to the original iphone.... Therefore I am so ready for the features of THE 3G S.....Speed, GPS, Video, better camera, ohh my... I cant wait!!!

jplumey

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
I'd like an iPhone 3G S because I am constantly on the road and it would be nice to send video of my whereabouts to my family, including my 6-week old baby. And having the video available when I need it will mean that I won't miss any special moments as my baby boy is growing up.

tshuber

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Being a college student AND an Apple whore is a tough business, you don't always have the cash to upgrade to the latest and greatest all the time; so you instead find yourself entering these great contests!

I would love the iPhone 3G to just simply have the next great generation of iPhone. I think while they did leave a little left to be desired there was still plenty added to the iPhone to make it upgrade worthy!

(Thanks for the great site you guys! Long time reader, first time poster.)

-Tyson

Thenk83

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I would like to upgrade my iPhone for the better photography features. My iPhone has been my point and shoot along side my Nikon D2. The new focus feature definitely would help me alot. So I'm not running around trying to find a crisp focus point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner