Official TiPb Standing in Line for iPhone 3G S Thread

sahmad88

May 30, 2009
Visit site
This is my first chance to stand in in line for an iPhone. I actually waited in line for the Blackberry Storm on its launch day. I got lucky and got a good unit. I really liked it, but what the iPhone does, it just does better. I got a 16GB iPhone two weeks ago, but I am going to exchange it for a new 32GB. Very excited! I can't wait.

Anyone going to be at the Apple store in Valley Fair in Santa Clara? Has anyone waited there before on launch day? What time did you show up?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Anyone in the Chicago area? We will be in line at the Oak Brook Apple store. Anyone else going?

1 of my friends that's going with me gets off work at 11, so we will probably be there between 12:30 and 1ish.

raksasas

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Question,
I know AT&T will be busy but I was wondering if since I pre-ordered I could show up around 9/10/11 and walk in and pick it up (short line)? or will there still be an line out the door? Or should I just stand in line. I have to work so I won't be taking it phone to sync til after 5pm anyways. Work is allowing me to come in an hour or so (comp time) if I want to. Would I still be able to get mine after the 10am normal business hours?

I pre-ordered @ AT&T in Killeen/Fort Hood, Texas.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I understand that if you preordered then you have a iphone reserved for you. For those that cant hold on to their wad, ATT stores will be letting pre orderers in an hour early.

goavs77

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
So, I'm picking up my iPhone from the Apple Store in a mall in Centennial, CO. They open at 8:00. I have to be online and logged in, ready to teach an online lecture at 9 AM. Office is 15 minutes away from the mall. So, do I risk being late, or get shut out of my iPhone because I was an IDIOT and signed up at the Apple Store instead of AT&T?

Maybe I'll get there at 4 AM like I do on Black Friday every year. :)

Hoolian

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I preordered mine from the apple store. I'll be there bright and early to get it. If the store opens at 8, how early do you experienced apple afficianados think I should get there? I'll be getting mine from a store in Roseville Minnesota so I don't think there will be any enormous crowds.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Anyone waiting in line in NYC? Any advice on which store is good?
I'm not sure which store to wait in- AT&T or Apple?

I didn't pre-order so if I wait in line at AT&T, the doors won't open until 9am, they'll have fewer iPhones, but there won't be the apple hype.

The Apple Stores will have more phones, open 2hr earlier, but all the fanboys go to it and I suspect the lines will be longer. I scouted out all 3 Apple stores and they're all bad propositions. 5th ave is the flagship store, so that's out. The w. 14th one was full of Apple hipsters, it looked like soho one didn't seem as bad... relatively speaking. But this is during regular, non-iPhone release hours.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Anyone that didnt pre-order gonna stand in line tomorrow?

I didnt pre-order, my AT&T rep told me that I have a better chance of getting it tomorrow by just coming up there early in the morning and waiting. Is anyone else gonna do this?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
We didn't preorder, we'll be waiting at the Oak Brook Apple Store tonight. Apple stores normally have plenty of iPhones to go around. They always seem to get a LOT more than AT&T stores, and they get replenished a LOT quicker.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I ordered one from Apple, it's going to arrive on Friday according to FedEx.
But AT&T pulled a last minute surprise and made my other line eligible for an upgrade a month early. So I'll be standing in line at the Apple Store at Oarkridge Mall in San Jose, CA to get one for my wife.

Last year I got screwed because I showed up a little too late. I think I'm going to head down there by 4am... If I can get my butt out of bed.
Then wait an agonizing few hours for FedEx to drop mine off.

nitrus6

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I drove by my ATT store in Michigan and no one is outside yet. This is my first IPhone and I cannot wait. I will go down to the store about 4am and sit.

goavs77

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The line has just started for the Apple store at Park Meadows mall in Lone Tree, CO (south Denver). I was probably first, but I'll let someone else be first this time. I was first for 2.0, and got free food and a canopy to sit under all day. Someone else can have the 'glory' this time, I'll be happy just making it to work on time.

idontlikeonions

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Waco, Texas doesn?t seem to have many early birds. I arrived at my local AT&T store at 8:00 to scope out the line situation and see if I had the patience to wait. Much to my surprise I saw an empty parking lot and AT&T employees standing around outside the store with nothing to do. I didn?t pre-order and didn?t want to stand around outside by myself, so I left to run an errand or two and grab a latte from Starbucks. I returned around 8:45 and not much had changed, though there were several people in the store at that point. I decided to go on in. Chuck, the AT&T guy handed me my shiny new 32GB white about ten minutes later. A few other people were leaving the store the same time I did and we all just smiled at each other proudly as we displayed our bright orange bags. ?one good thing about living in Waco, Texas is not having to worry about waiting in line on new iPhone day!

eratanun

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it's gonna be too crazy with the volume of pre-orders that we've seen. Out of all the people I know getting the new 3Gs, I'm the only one that's physically going into a store to get mine. Everyone else I know getting a new one (7 people) are getting them delivered...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal