How much do you think the current iPhone 3G will sell for?

How much will a used iPhone 3G 16GB sell for?

• You couldn't give that thing away!

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • $99

• $199

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • $299

• $399

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Well the fact that Apple is selling the 8GB for $99 now that is going to hurt some resale value, but when you sell a phone it is contract free which cost a lot more. So some people would probably be willing to pay more for out of contract iPhone 3G's even though they are used.

So when I buy my new 32GB 3G s on July 12th (need to wait to pay $299) how much do you think I can get for my old 16GB black iPhone 3G?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Depends on who you sell it to... If 3.0 can be unlocked I already have a few people who are with T-Mobile begging me for it. So I shot out $400 and they accepted right away. So that's how much I am getting for mine as long as I can unlock it.

*Mine is in perfect condition with no scratches what so ever.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Depends on who you sell it to... If 3.0 can be unlocked I already have a few people who are with T-Mobile begging me for it. So I shot out $400 and they accepted right away. So that's how much I am getting for mine as long as I can unlock it.

Wow, if I can sell it for $400 then I'll actually get a new iPhone and have an extra $100 bucks spending money :)

Do you usually sell it unlocked or just sell it and let the buyer unlock it? I have never done a JB before, but I'm sure I could figure it out.

*Mine is in perfect condition with no scratches what so ever.

Mine is also in perfect condition, even without ever using a case.

So if you have more than one friend wanting one, let me know as I should have one for sale on July 12th!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Wow, if I can sell it for $400 then I'll actually get a new iPhone and have an extra $100 bucks spending money :)

Do you usually sell it unlocked or just sell it and let the buyer unlock it? I have never done a JB before, but I'm sure I could figure it out.

So if you have more than one friend wanting one, let me know as I should have one for sale on July 12th!

I always have to unlock them for people. They are clueless, takes me 20 minutes tops to get it all set up for T-Mobile. So I'm sure you will get more money to someone on a different network other than AT&T simply because they are not available elsewhere.

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site

Or you could get a new 3G for 99 and pocket $300. Yeah you get the same phone but you free up money to get something else you might want: clothes, jewelry, a computer, etc.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com

Or you could get a new 3G for 99 and pocket $300. Yeah you get the same phone but you free up money to get something else you might want: clothes, jewelry, a computer, etc.

I want 32GB, so moving to 8GB to make $300 isn't really worth it to me. I'm a tech nerd so I would rather have an iPhone than most other things :cool: