My iPhone 3G wont start up, what should i do?

datboi_roii456

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
I jailbroke my iPhone 3G (which was a really stupid idea) and now it wont start up! when the jailbreak process was complete, it had to restart, and thats hen i never go to see the precious home screen on my iPhone again. so now its been two months and i need to do something. and restoring it on itunes doesn't work because it doesn't start up completely and all i see is the pineapple logo and the loading circle thingy and it shuts off and starts over. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You've let it sit like this for 2 months? First thing you should do is put it in DFU mode and restore that way.

Restore Guide

And if you have tried a restore this way, very well possible that your phone is not going to be repaired and it is permanently bricked.

datboi_roii456

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
I have tried this it doestn start up enough to be seen in iTunes. as i said before all it does is show the pineapple logo and show the loading circle and restarts over and over.

splashdog

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
JFSikora ty bro, u saved my ass, i had d same problem, tried to crack it after jailbreaking n it died after d reboot. It can b restored in DFU mode so cheers !

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
You can always restore with DFU mode, unless the hardware is messed up.

If someone says it doesn't work, then they 1) didn't bother trying 2) didn't actually put their phone in DFU or 3) have a hardware issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711