Question about restoring IPHONE 3g

JAGMAN48

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
First of all Hi everyone!!

Now my question, I just made the switch from BB to IPHONE 3G that's been jailbroken/unlocked with firmware 2.2. But I've been having problems with itune detecting it. I'll come up, but it want load my profile anymore it gives me some message about restoring to Iphone factory settings. This is were I am stuck because I dont know if its going to remove the jailbreak/unlock settings. I've done some google searching and found that someone said try deleting some folders under your user profile in windows but it didn't work. So quick answer will I need to re-jailbreak/unlock if it restores to factory settings and does it keep the same firmware 2.2 when I restore?

Thanks for the HELP.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
So quick answer will I need to re-jailbreak/unlock if it restores to factory settings and does it keep the same firmware 2.2 when I restore?

If you restore you will lose your jailbreak and unlock. iTunes is going to want to upgrade to 2.2.1 for the restore, I don't know if you can stop it from doing that. If your on a Mac you can use pwnage to preserve your base band and stil unlock using yellowsnow, if your on windows you may be screwed.