New Email Not Showing Up On IPhone 3G

ndean123

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
I have been trying to fix this problem and I want to see if anybody else has run across this issue and found the fix. I am having a problem accessing Exchange Emails from my work system, but only under the following scenario:

1) When my work PC is powered on, logged in, and Outlook client is up and active I can send and receive emails on my IPhone with no problems and it correctly displays read and unread messages.

but...

2) When I close my Outlook client on my PC my IPhone is no longer able to retrieve new email messages. I have had this problem since first getting the 3G phone in August of '08 and it is has been updated with each firmware release but the problem persists.

This is driving me crazy, any help or confirmation that others are experiencing the problem is much appreciated.

Thanks.

ndean123

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
I have it setup as an Exchange account and I have tried, Sync, Push, Fetch, and still have the same issue. It is the strangest behavior. With my Outlook client up my phone get fetch, push or sync with no problems. With my Outlook client closed I can delete the account off the IPhone, set it up again but it only pulls the emails that have been displayed in the Outlook client - even the unread ones. But any new messages that have not been displayed by my Outlook client on my PC or via the web Outlook browser the IPhone won't retrieve.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Very odd. You might want to contact your IT department and see if there is a problem with the deployment of Exchange.

green404

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Same problem!

Have you ever found a solution to that issue? My phone is having the exact same problem, and I can't find anything about it online. I've tried every solution I can think of and nothing. If you have the answer, please help!!

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
It sounds like the iPhone is using your desktop outlook as the exchange server, instead of actually logging into a legitimate hardware exchange server.

There are web based services that allow this also, like mail2web, I believe the name is, which requires you to leave the outlook client open so that the emails are pushed to a mobile device. Once the outlook client is closed, it severs all outgoing connections to devices. I used to use this type of hosted server when I used Windows Mobile devices and it did the same thing.

Is this the case?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR