CrackBerry Kevin on the iPhone 3G - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimietriev

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I was able to do this for some time now. I've had the option to order 3Gs since September I believe. I think that option was only afforded to those that had discounts being applied to their accounts.

Yeah, I have had this option for a while now too. I get a state employee discount through at&t and have the option of ordering the iphone.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Another thing that verifies the iphone is more play and less biz is the top picks for apps.
They tend to be games, media, bells and whistles.

Or it could just mean that certain apps are not needed...

Look at the some of the top apps for BB:

VibandRing... something that iPhone already does.
BBAlarms Pro... another thing the iPhone does well. Multiple alarms!
HTML Viewer... once again, done perfectly on the iPhone.

chuazy

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
ya.. one good thing is how well the iphone maintain its value even in the grey market for the 1st gen.. most phones depreciates at least 25% in half a year.. not seeing that for iphone

IndyJonez

May 31, 2008
Visit site
ya.. one good thing is how well the iphone maintain its value even in the grey market for the 1st gen.. most phones depreciates at least 25% in half a year.. not seeing that for iphone

Yea no kidding, I've heard of people selling their iphone for what they paid and more!

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Or it could just mean that certain apps are not needed...

Look at the some of the top apps for BB:

VibandRing... something that iPhone already does.
BBAlarms Pro... another thing the iPhone does well. Multiple alarms!
HTML Viewer... once again, done perfectly on the iPhone.

I just figured people played more on iphone,
and worked more on BB.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I just figured people played more on iphone,
and worked more on BB.

I think it depends on the person. I use my iPhone to run my small company all day long. I do have games on there but rarely get to play any.:( About the only time is when I am on a plane and can not use my phone. I know several other of my friends do the same with theit iPhones. One is even second in line behind the Direct of NASA. He uses his iPhone exclusively and no BB.

So I really believe it depends upon the person. BB are good devices that are readily accepted by most big companies because of their security.

Touch Me

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
The past 6 months I have started seeing iPhones in many business meetings. They are making inroads probably because of demand and because the IT staff are getting into them.

dannzeman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
Whats the iphone experience like only on EDGE? There's no 3G in my area but I still see quite a bit of iphones. With it being such a multimedia/web connected phone I'd think 3G is almost a requirement.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Edge Works Too

Whats the iphone experience like only on EDGE? There's no 3G in my area but I still see quite a bit of iphones. With it being such a multimedia/web connected phone I'd think 3G is almost a requirement.

I was just on edge for (5) Months and was satisfied with it. I came from a Sprint BlackBerry 8130 so I was used to 3G, but the iPhone's Safari is so far ahead of the BB browser or Opera Mini, the little extra time was ok. I am pretty luck though, as we just got 3G in my area last month.

While Safari works pretty well over edge, YouTube is pretty useless. A great alternative to YouTube is VuClip, it does a lower resolution stream that actually downloads pretty fast on edge. It will also take some time if you are downloading large files in emails.

The whole overall experience is far better, even on edge, then any other phone I have ever used. I was never upset about the temporary loss of 3G. The multimedia sync'd with iTunes as downloaded movies, music, or apps and games are stored on the phone so a data connection is not relevant.

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com

I am in Northern Alaska where EDGE is it as far as data goes. No 3G at all (hopefully they will get it working whle I am deployed). I can say that its fast enough to get most things done as long as I have 3-4 bars. If I drop to 1-2 bars it pretty much just times out. I really don't know how to compare it to 3G because I haven't experienced it yet, but I can Flickr, use Google Reader, get Email, etc all without much issue. Of course, I still connect to "attwifi" whenever I find one as nothing beats ethernet.

chuazy

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
do you think will apple ever create an iphone with a keyboard? looks like they are now moving fully in the "fun" direction

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

Not a requirement, but after having it, I don't want to lose it and I don't think I can and will not accept losing it.

If you use the MySpace or Facebook apps, the pictures load a crapload faster as with other apps as 3g = faster data transfer, much faster. If the Bold was 2g, I would still have an iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.