Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

22 Posts

Default Web sites with video for iPhone 3g

Can anyone direct me to a good video site apart from utube that I can stream online videos over the 3g network like current news etc or a decent range of podcasts which I don't have to load through itunes first .can I get any tv shows live or close to live ? Help apreciated .
    iPhone Newbie

47 Posts

I am preety intrested in this subject to. please advise lol.
    iMore Actual

1,887 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,452 Global Posts

NBC experimented with streaming Quicktime expressly for the iPhone, but I don't know who's still doing that. There's a lot of audio you can stream (many podcast MP3 download links, for example, will open up in the Quicktime plugin and start to stream), but video is a decidedly more mixed bag.

Even on Apple.com, some videos will offer iPhone streaming, others not. I think the movie trailer section generally has streaming available.

Video is just a much more fractured, complicated, and -- often DRM'd -- market, after all.

NBC Redux: iTunes No, iPhone Yes | The iPhone Blog
    iPhone Newbie

33 Posts

Check out Truveo, it's kinda like YouTube, but geared more toward clips from actual TV shows. The video quality is excellent compared to YouTube also. Lots of daily news from various sources, sortable categories, most popular, most recent, etc.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

there are many good sites out there like metacafe or google video
    google video has pretty much allvideos from every video site i reccomend it :P